Do you ever obsess...

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
about a guitar you have no intention of buying? I'm talking to the point of going to the dealer's site EVERY day, and really hoping it's still there? I mean, I want the guitar pretty bad but there's other things I gotta do. I really wanna get my PS build going, I know we all have GAS, but man, I feel a little crazy! :laugh:

Nothing wrong with a little obsessive daydreaming, Vaughn. Sometimes it helps solidify goals and options. And besides, it's fun!

Yep. I'm almost thankful when they get sold to someone who's not me.

The worst is when they stick around so long the price gets slashed but I've still not got the available scratch to do it (but might have had a few weeks earlier!)

Last edited:
It doesn't even have to be about a guitar... It can be about pickups... caps... pedals... Then, after you buy whatever it is you obsess about the better version that you passed on...

Yeah & this one's been there awhile. There would be no point whatsoever- purely visual, but certain birds that I want & don't have.

I've been there. What's worse for me is not wanting a guitar. I feel lost. And now what I want seems only possible through PS, or maybe having PTC work on what I have. But somehow I'm still surfing dealer sites almost daily. :dontknow:

I can become obsessed with any piece of gear. Seriously.

My wife cringes daily at my topics of conversation.

I've been there. What's worse for me is not wanting a guitar. I feel lost. And now what I want seems only possible through PS, or maybe having PTC work on what I have. But somehow I'm still surfing dealer sites almost daily. :dontknow:

I'm actually OK with what I have at the moment in the guitar department. Private Stock Friday always gives me a boost towards my eventual PS build, but at the moment I'm just having fun gathering ideas and building the spec binder.

But GAS comes in many flavors. Currently, I have a couple of Macs that are wheezing and need replacing, so I find myself going to the Apple website daily and pricing out versions of this:

apple_5k_imac_compared_to_other_resolutions.jpg

Does it count if I hunt down the "Angel with Broken Wings" at least three times a day, just to gawk at it??!!!!!
Isn't that like breaking one of the 10 commandments? Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Private Stock. Wait, it may be the other way around... Thou must cover thy neighbors PS. You're all good bro.

If you obsess about it enough, you may just find a reason to buy it. Love to get a PS someday, but right now...it's a black SE CU24 with moons that has me scraping the internet for "the one".

About 5 years ago there was a PS cu24 on ebay. It was peach colored flame top with matching tuner buttons. The back was ash in white wash and it was sporting 5708s. I could NOT stop lusting after that guitar and I watched it every day until it was gone.

Back