Do you ever obsess...

LOL Totally guilty of doing this, watching the objects of your gear fixation get slowly picked off one by one from private sales or on dealer sites...

On that note, I'm sort of not looking forward to more of the P245's showing up at dealers before I can rationalize funds for one of those. Very similar to what I would have spec'd in a PS at some point in the far future, but it's a core model for now which is great. More motivation to clean out and sell gear that's more lightly used to fund something that will be in your hands daily that you can't wait to play and make some music.

I was obsessed with a MCI console that was owned by Salt & Peppa on eBay for a while.... No use for it, but damn did I want it anyway.

Well, I've lost it. Put a pic of the guitar as my phone wallpaper. Still no intent to buy.

My heart is broken. I took several days off from visiting her daily. She is gone. She had 20th birdies and was Sergio's favorite color. I have to delete the pics from my phone or I'll be sad whenever I see her. :bawling: I'll post pics here soon, but I need a moment to grieve.

Meh. It wasn't meant to be. Otherwise you'd have her already. The right one is out there, just waiting for you.

Vaughn,

I had to put together a guitar "strategic plan" because I was driving myself nuts. Now I am entering the "execution" phase (the fun part :biggrin:)

Carl

My heart is broken. I took several days off from visiting her daily. She is gone. She had 20th birdies and was Sergio's favorite color. I have to delete the pics from my phone or I'll be sad whenever I see her. :bawling: I'll post pics here soon, but I need a moment to grieve.

Dude... Every used axe I've been stalking waiting on my bonus from work has sold in the last 3 days! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! Talk about frustrating...

It's not obsessing, it's research! :p That's your excuse. That you don't want to pull the trigger on impulse so you are carefully doing your research. I think given enough time though, it does go away with a lot of gear. A few years back when around the time I started dating my ex ruiner of my life I had been watching a hollowbody in charcoal burst on Wilcutt's site. They made the gas even worse by posting these ridiculously hi res images that worked as desktop wallpaper. She thought I should save for it, I decided against it because to me saving up for a nice down payment for a house for us and my secret marry her fund were more important.
The past six months I however have been looking to buy a new hollowbody with piezo and that same guitar I can (still) now get for 3K new. However s nice as I think that fiddle is, that love I had for it seemed to dissipate over the past four years. I now own that black teal green one I posted about a few days ago.

Sort of related I hope. I have a hard time with the Private Stock thread. I used to go several times a week and waited for Fridays like everybody else. But it got to be too painful, seeing all of those incredible works of art that will probably always be out of my price range. I stopped going to the thread for a few months, but I finally started going back again recently. Now I comfort myself with thoughts like 'Awww, that top with that color?' or 'No, man; not those electronics!' or 'that's cool but it's not something I'd ever choose'. But who am I kidding? I love 'em all for one reason or another!!

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - I have to admit that I've designed more than a few dream DGTs in my mind. Some with subtle touches that are almost stock except for my own logo inlaid somewhere, all the way up to some that are just plain over the top.

Last edited:
I obsees quite a bit. A prs 408 would be so nice . Yesterday I obsessed and a guitar followed me home however can't post here because it's not a prs lol

If it speaks to you, really speaks to you, find a way to pull the trigger.

You don't want to get to the end only to have these options...

harp_n_accordion.jpg

Last edited:
16601814822_f8e17e171c_b.jpg

16415226858_7de05eeb86_b.jpg

So....

My grey black SC artist package is my favorite guitar. This, aside from the appointments, would have been a duplicate guitar. The reason I liked this one so much is that it had the 20th Anniversary birds. I've always wanted them on a guitar, enough that I even considered putting them in my PS spec. Yet, I love the original birds so much, I just didn't want to do that. I made a slight 20th tribute on my spec and put the 12 fret Anni bird pair on the heel of the neck. I also like the fat, 1 piece quilt top on this one a lot. The Brazzy board of course. I never actually went to go play it since I had no real intention of buying it. Had I won some lottery money, I'd have snapped her up in a second though. I'm not really that upset she sold, hope she went to a good home.

Dude... Every used axe I've been stalking waiting on my bonus from work has sold in the last 3 days! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! Talk about frustrating...
That's rough man. I know, I've been there before too. Pre-shopping, waiting for my taxes to hit my bank account, poof - gone!! Had the exact same thing, where I labored and researched for weeks and finally come to a decision...then gone! Sucks.

So....

My grey black SC artist package is my favorite guitar. This, aside from the appointments, would have been a duplicate guitar. The reason I liked this one so much is that it had the 20th Anniversary birds. I've always wanted them on a guitar, enough that I even considered putting them in my PS spec. Yet, I love the original birds so much, I just didn't want to do that. I made a slight 20th tribute on my spec and put the 12 fret Anni bird pair on the heel of the neck. I also like the fat, 1 piece quilt top on this one a lot. The Brazzy board of course. I never actually went to go play it since I had no real intention of buying it. Had I won some lottery money, I'd have snapped her up in a second though. I'm not really that upset she sold, hope she went to a good home.

Nice looking axe, Vaughn - no wonder you were obsessing.

I, too, love the 20th anny birds, and have thought about doing them if/when I do a PS, but I really like your idea of the 12th fret twins on the heel. I may have to steal it and claim I don't know where I got the idea.

Actually, now that I think of it, I have another idea that might be pretty cool...

Back