Hmmmm......

RossF

Legato Fugato
I haven't looked at the local Craigslistings for quite a while, but today I decided to check out the PRS offerings. I had no intention of buying anything, just curious.

Sooooo...there happens to be a 2002 Standard 24 in Gold that has been on there over a month. I have the identical guitar in silver so having one in gold feels almost obbligato.

For my American Brethren/Sistren $2050.00 CAD is about $1500.00 USD.

Since it has been on there a while I am thinking it might go for $1800.00-$1900.00 CAD or about $1315.00- $1388.00 USD

I really don't need or even want another guitar...but I am weak.

Thoughts?

I haven't looked at the local Craigslistings for quite a while, but today I decided to check out the PRS offerings. I had no intention of buying anything, just curious.

Sooooo...there happens to be a 2002 Standard 24 in Gold that has been on there over a month. I have the identical guitar in silver so having one in gold feels almost obbligato.

For my American Brethren/Sistren $2050.00 CAD is about $1500.00 USD.

Since it has been on there a while I am thinking it might go for $1800.00-$1900.00 CAD or about $1315.00- $1388.00 USD

I really don't need or even want another guitar...but I am weak.

Thoughts?
I'll race ya. I could be there in 30 mins! :D

Please post a link to where this controversy was happening.
Other than anything attached to Ed Roman.
Nah. Too much trouble. We all know some people don't like it. And some people think it's OK.

Ed hated it. Thought adding some lead weight to the short neck heel might've been a better move if there really was a problem.

I played the heck out of my '95 CU22 but my '02 CU22 wasn't as resonant or as much fun to play.

Last edited:
As the owner of some Annapolis made 24 fret W/T guitars… the larger heel is/was an improvement.

I never even noticed the difference from my 1991, but liked the longer heel models I had just as much.

Ed hated it. Thought adding some lead weight to the short neck heel might've been a better move if there really was a problem.
Ed was a horse's ass who went anti-PRS when he lost his deal with PRS over his re-topping PRS guitars with fancier tops and passing them off as PRSes.

He was looking for anything to criticize as soon as that happened. The neck heel thing was both his doing, and complete BS.

It just shows you what one person can do to create an issue out of a non-issue, and trash a product on the internet. Suddenly people were all over it as a reason not to buy a PRS.

I played the heck out of my '95 CU22 but my '02 CU22 wasn't as resonant or as much fun to play.

The reason Paul used it was to make the neck a little stiffer in the way a Singlecut's extra wood stiffens the neck. The idea was to give the guitars more of that tone.

If memory serves the first model with the slightly longer heel was the 1991-92 Dragon I, which is now an object of collector worship. So...

I had it on my '93 Artist II, another collector's item.

Two guitars is an awfully small sample size to make conclusions about what the neck heel does, or doesn't, do tonally. In terms of feel, each to his/her own. Wouldn't surprise me at all that most folks would never notice it if it wasn't for Ed Roman's vitriol over 20 years ago.

Last edited:
gqXDbfT.gif

Back