DGT...Clean?

Standards are the best! Maple can be pretty and all that but, I love me an all mahogany guitar.
I love mahogany guitars, too, though they're a little warmer (read, less snappy) sounding, so for me, a maple topped PRS articulates cleans a little more to my liking,

HOWEVER,

All bets are off if you've got an ebony fretboard on an all 'hog guitar. Best of both worlds!!

Preach it, brutha! (Just ask the bassist)

It’s all down to amp choice and settings. The DGT can do anything, and I’ve got crappy videos to prove it! :oops: Seriously, Mr. Clean has excelled at rock, prog, country, you name it. You just need to know how to control your guitar, select the right amp, and properly gain balance the chain. The only thing it doest do as well…Metallica. I’ll grab the CU24 if that’s necessary.
Truth.

Utter, absolute, wonderful, truth.

Sooo the DGT fret height is somewhat taller than most? Similar to a Santana? Personally I find the tallish fret height on my Santana Sig the ONLY thing I don't love about it. In fact I'm seriously considering leveling them down to a more comfortable height...

Sooo the DGT fret height is somewhat taller than most? Similar to a Santana? Personally I find the tallish fret height on my Santana Sig the ONLY thing I don't love about it. In fact I'm seriously considering leveling them down to a more comfortable height...
If Santana frets are too tall for you, you won’t like DGT frets.

Jumbo frets are divine. I’d have them on everything, if I could.
Even on my acoustics. I'd refret my 3 acoustics with SS jumbos, if I played them enough to warranty the cost.

Same with all my electrics- I won't change them until it's time, but I would: I'd drop the whole lot off at a Luthier and have SS jumbos put on all of them. Actually, that's the only thing keeping the DGT from being perfect (for me): SS frets. Bending on them is like skating on ice. Smooooooth. And you don't have to perform any maintenance to keep them that way.

Last edited:
Back