Day’s of the Week Santana’s.

I'm 7 seasons behind

I feel like I'm one of the only people left who haven't seen a single minute of the show.

It sounds like a cool show and I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I just don't have HBO so have never seen it.

I feel like I'm one of the only people left who haven't seen a single minute of the show.

It sounds like a cool show and I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I just don't have HBO so have never seen it.

I'll stand tall with you! Haven't seen any of it. Had the books before the show started, and haven't read a word. I've got a roomful of books I'm behind on! I will admit, I do have all 7 seasons of GoT on DVD, still wrapped in plastic. Heck, I never saw an episode of the Sopranos until 4 years after it ended. Greatest show I've ever seen.

me neither and it looks boring as all hell. i didn’t read dragonriders of pern either.

61975.jpg

While we wait for Sergio, allow me...

Once upon a time, half of the Private Stocks ago I went to have a chat about top finishes. There were some effects I thought would work well on the right top. At the far end of the table, you can see my drawing of what I had in mind. Paul Miles was careful to outline their process and what he felt they could and couldn't do.
CK_292PLAndPaulMTopsColoursFromBrent.jpeg

I countered, with 'what about...'. Here you can see a nice view of the top I was interested in - sprayed to show the wood grain. My drawing is on a full sized print of that top (but is now covered) and I'm using a finished top to explain what I'm going for.
CK_295PLTinaPaulMTopsPExplainsFromBrent.jpeg

We couldn't quite come to terms with what I was after, but the top was too interesting not to use. It defies categorization in the normal quilt/flame sense. Mrs took the honours in positioning the top - it really could only be a Santana.
CK_296LDrawsTopFromBrent.jpeg

You might notice a nice maple neck blank on the table. That would have worked, but I poked around a bit for something a bit more interesting. What should appear but a sad and lonely cocobolo blank - one of two that had been purchased 10 years earlier and never found a purpose in life.
CK_06PBrentCocoboloNeck.JPG

About this time Paul Smith came by and pointed at some excellent neck blanks and how they range. I politely acknowledged them and said "Can I have this one?". Yes. I could. So we drew out where to carve the neck.
CK_12Final3850PartsAAA.JPG

Last edited:
Some of these, you've seen before, but probably not all of them.
Mrs doesn't allow any plastic on a guitar
CK_829BackNeckFigureAAA.jpeg

There was no way of knowing from the neck blank how much detail would show when it was finished.
CK_833BackHeadstockDetailAAA.jpeg

And never doubt how the Private Stock team can tie in details.
CK_837HornToSap.jpeg

And the sap in the neck deserves a good look
CK_844HealSapDetail.jpeg

Happy Wednesday.

Back