Dang! HDRX 20 news....

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
PRS wants the amp back. It stopped working and when I changed fuses they all blew again. Planned to ship it to my brother at Mission Amps in Denver but I got sick instead.

But Starr's Guitars (my favorite local guitar store) caught me before I could ship it to my brother and says PRS wants it back.

I guess they want to check their quality control, see if the circuit needs changing or strengthening...something like that.

Maybe they'll just give me a new one!

It's all packed up and ready to go and I'll drop it off at Starr's Guitars after all.

No idea how long I'll be without it.

But fortunately I have another.

Last edited:
I guess that’s good news about the amp going back to PRS. Mojo to you.
Well....maybe they'll find some little detail that'll result in a more reliable amp for everyone.

Although this is the first issue I've had and I bought the amp 6 months ago and have used it every day.

I would still recommend it.

Probably just a fluke. Weak diode or something.

Hopefully They Send You A New One Right Away!
Please note how he reminds me, almost daily, that he has TWO of them. So, while this is somewhat of an inconvenience, it's not a real problem. Because, after all, he has TWO of them.

Speaking of which, MrLew, thanks to a more compassionate forum brother, one who cares more about the whole group and not just himself, I sent payment today for an HDRX20. Just kidding brother. Can't wait to join you in the HDRX20 club. Speaking of which...

A more "open" and crunchy OD, like an OCD, Amp11 or Timmy, should KILL with this thing. I'll know soon. ;)

Please note how he reminds me, almost daily, that he has TWO of them. So, while this is somewhat of an inconvenience, it's not a real problem. Because, after all, he has TWO of them.

Speaking of which, MrLew, thanks to a more compassionate forum brother, one who cares more about the whole group and not just himself, I sent payment today for an HDRX20. Just kidding brother. Can't wait to join you in the HDRX20 club. Speaking of which...

A more "open" and crunchy OD, like an OCD, Amp11 or Timmy, should KILL with this thing. I'll know soon. ;)
Hope you love it!

Just don't expect Santana style sustain from the HDRX alone.

You'll need a great OD pedal or two and a nice delay and reverb pedal.

For me, those pedals complete the amp.

Last edited:

Atta boy!

PRS wants the amp back. It stopped working and when I changed fuses they all blew again. Planned to ship it to my brother at Mission Amps in Denver but I got sick instead.

But Starr's Guitars (my favorite local guitar store) caught me before I could ship it to my brother and says PRS wants it back.

I guess they want to check their quality control, see if the circuit needs changing or strengthening...something like that.

Maybe they'll just give me a new one!

It's all packed up and ready to go and I'll drop it off at Starr's Guitars after all.

No idea how long I'll be without it.

But fortunately I have another.

I got one of the first Sonzera 20 combos in Baltimore a few yews back. Started humming very badly and shop shipped it to them and I got it back three weeks later
The service and attention to my amp was great.

Back