Custom24-08 neck gloss -> satin?

I'm the same and did get more forcefull with it, but start slow and gentle. The build up pressure from there once you get the hang of it. I mean, it is a Core and not a Squier. Lol

The passes vary with pressure, grits, and finish. I prefer to start easy and do more. My blue one I really got into it trying to remove the bubbles, but that took time for me to build up to that.
Last request if I may. Can I see how you tape the head? I think you got the lines to a science there.

And for the rosewood just tape the side of the finger board upto where the mahogany wood/back neck connects ?

Again, thanks so much for the great help.
Can’t wait to see how it plays when I’m done with it

Last request if I may. Can I see how you tape the head? I think you got the lines to a science there.

And for the rosewood just tape the side of the finger board upto where the mahogany wood/back neck connects ?

Again, thanks so much for the great help.
Can’t wait to see how it plays when I’m done with it

Tape

Yes on the rosewood..I did a very slight overlap onto the finish because the tape can curl up just a hair while sanding in a playing motion.

You're welcome and remember just take your time in prep and the job.

Tape

Yes on the rosewood..I did a very slight overlap onto the finish because the tape can curl up just a hair while sanding in a playing motion.

You're welcome and remember just take your time in prep and the job.
Oh I meant a photo of the guitar head with the tape. I think you got the lines down to make it look nice.

And yes I’ll remind myself to be patient.

Oh I meant a photo of the guitar head with the tape. I think you got the lines down to make it look nice.

And yes I’ll remind myself to be patient.

I was looking for them.. unfortunately I only can find in progress photos not the final tape job for the headstock. But hopefully you get the idea.

Screenshot_20231011_220829_Gallery3eef740d9644dd95.jpg

Screenshot_20231011_220841_Gallery96facf59e413f4a0.jpg

Again, thanks so much.

You must own quite a few PRS guitars and gig a lot from the sound of it.

Again, thanks so much.

You must own quite a few PRS guitars and gig a lot from the sound of it.

You're welcome. If you have any questions or run into any problems feel free to message me. Good luck!

I own too many guitars, and PRS has been taking over the other brands one by one. They have a tendency to do that! I'm in the event industry, but don't gig myself. Now my ex, she was the true talented musician.

I have both the white and black Ibanez PIA.
This one is my first PRS. I have to say it feels a little bulkier and fatter compared to Ibanez.

I think it’ll take me some time to get used to the neck and higher gauge strings.

My PRS also sounds warmer and fuller IMHO.

I have both the white and black Ibanez PIA.
This one is my first PRS. I have to say it feels a little bulkier and fatter compared to Ibanez.

I think it’ll take me some time to get used to the neck and higher gauge strings.

My PRS also sounds warmer and fuller IMHO.
Cool guitar. Yes, quite a bit different and will take some adjusting to the neck for sure. I'm a big fan of PRS necks, it's what hooked me. And the sound, I've been really happy with the tone PRS has been putting out for a while. Welcome aboard!

Cool guitar. Yes, quite a bit different and will take some adjusting to the neck for sure. I'm a big fan of PRS necks, it's what hooked me. And the sound, I've been really happy with the tone PRS has been putting out for a while. Welcome aboard!

What about the prs necks and sound do you love so much?

What about the prs necks and sound do you love so much?
The rolled edges and fretwork..just feels at home for me. They all sound different so it's hard to say exactly, but the clarity and definition with fullness seems to be more the norm. The consistency of their QC really.sets them apart. I feel much more confident ordering online with PRS than many other brands.

I like to play clean a lot and/or with just a little dirt. Then use my knobs to add more or less to taste. PRS does the knob jockey thing very well.

Got the blue scotch brite and I’m using the rough side. Been doing it for 20min and I don’t see the gloss changing at all :/

The rolled edges and fretwork..just feels at home for me. They all sound different so it's hard to say exactly, but the clarity and definition with fullness seems to be more the norm. The consistency of their QC really.sets them apart. I feel much more confident ordering online with PRS than many other brands.

I like to play clean a lot and/or with just a little dirt. Then use my knobs to add more or less to taste. PRS does the knob jockey thing very well.

I feel like PRS is slightly bigger and slower than Ibanez. Sounds fuller and warmer too.

Went back to my PIA and I can feel it being slimmer and faster to play.

I feel like PRS is slightly bigger and slower than Ibanez. Sounds fuller and warmer too.

Went back to my PIA and I can feel it being slimmer and faster to play.
The PIA neck is definitely slimmer.

Back