Custom 24 5-Way Wiring

Smurl

Hello,

I’ve got a question regarding the wiring of the Custom 24 in my avatar: is it possible to wire the 5-way switch as
1: bridge humbucker
2: bridge split
3: both humbuckers
4: neck split
5: neck humbucker

I would much rather have this configuration as I don’t get much use out of the single coil/humbucker combinations in positions 2 and 4. I’m not concerned about noise or different levels, I just want separate neck and bridge single coil tones!

Have a good one!
Carl

Definitely possible. How comfortable are you with a soldering iron?

Definitely possible. How comfortable are you with a soldering iron?

Not very... I am planning on handing it over to a professional for the actual soldering, but I wanted the real expert opinions first. ;)

If you're paying someone I'd consider doing the push pull bridge split mod that's been posted on these forums. I love it on my Custom 22.

Anyway, to do what you originally asked for without additional controls would looks like this:

anonymous image hosting

Ok, thanks!

I’ve looked into doing the 3-way thing, but the only switches I can find are the round Switchcraft ones. Are there any 3-way blade switches available that fit the same hole/two screws as the original 5-way?

Here's my take. Left side version gives you slug coils, or wire like right side for screw coils (my choice), or mix and match.

5Ccsl9C.jpg

Hi gang, hi Garrett,

your wiring scheme helped a lot. I have the wiring pictured on the right now in my custom 24. Is it possible to modify the wiring to get on position 2) Bridge Screw with Neck Screw?

Hi gang, hi Garrett,

your wiring scheme helped a lot. I have the wiring pictured on the right now in my custom 24. Is it possible to modify the wiring to get on position 2) Bridge Screw with Neck Screw?

Yeah for sure.

In the right diagram, see the set of lugs at the top right where the neck hot wire connects. Just extend the jumper a little bit more to cover that one empty lug.

On the set of lugs below that, add a jumper from where the neck tap wire connects to the empty lug

Back