Cort-Tek made SE's

Actually it does. The PRS numbers are sequential. That means one after the other. There is no secret code.
I am clearly a bit dumb compared to you, I do have a handle on the word sequential, thanks for putting my mind at rest about that, so, just to satisfy my lust for an actual answer...what do the numbers mean...Please. Oh and isn't sequential like 12345678.... or is it different there?

I am clearly a bit dumb compared to you, I do have a handle on the word sequential, thanks for putting my mind at rest about that, so, just to satisfy my lust for an actual answer...what do the numbers mean...Please.
Seriously?? It doesn't mean anything. Whatever number you have is the xxxxxxxth SE guitar made. As in they make one and it gets a number. Then the next one gets one number higher. The next one is one higher than that. And so on and so on until they get to the number you have. That's what the number means. Again, no secret code or hidden meaning.

Seriously?? It doesn't mean anything. Whatever number you have is the xxxxxxxth SE guitar made. As in they make one and it gets a number. Then the next one gets one number higher. The next one is one higher than that. And so on and so on until they get to the number you have. That's what the number means. Again, no secret code or hidden meaning.
Yes seriously, I asked a question and wanted a simple answer, thanks for your time and condescension.. so now I know a little more, but is the number relevant to the guitar model or what? Come on you da man with all the answers, the clever guy, I am just trying to establish where this guitar sits in the general scheme of things. And what if you are wrong, where did you get your information from? :)

Yes seriously, I asked a question and wanted a simple answer, thanks for your time and condescension.. so now I know a little more, but is the number relevant to the guitar model or what? Come on you da man with all the answers, the clever guy, I am just trying to establish where this guitar sits in the general scheme of things. And what if you are wrong, where did you get your information from? :)
What number ya got?

So what your are really after is for someone to make up a story about the significance of #29234? Because other than being made between 29233 and 29235 there isn't anything else to tell you.
You have no idea right? I thought as much, now PLEASE, go away and maybe somebody can give me an answer to the question. There is a relevance to the number, you don't know what it is despite what you think. Thank you for your time. You can make up anything you like from here on in, I wont respond and you will be superior, thats how it goes for people like you.. Bye.

You have no idea right? I thought as much, now PLEASE, go away and maybe somebody can give me an answer to the question. There is a relevance to the number, you don't know what it is despite what you think. Thank you for your time. You can make up anything you like from here on in, I wont respond and you will be superior, thats how it goes for people like you.. Bye.
Have yourself a great evening. I hope you find what you are looking for. If I've missed something in the PRS numbering system I'm just as interested as you to know what it is. Happy dreams!

If you’re gonna act like that, none of us will tell you.

What toothace was saying is correct. The serial number is just a sequential number. Core PRS guitars have a MODCAT code on the case and in the pup cavity that does what you were hoping the serial number does. The MODCAT on Cores is different than the serial number on the Cores. So, the serial numbers don't give you any info about model, color, etc.

I think toothace was being open and honest, but you didn't seem to want to hear it. It's all good.

If you’re gonna act like that, none of us will tell you.
Are you also unable to understand? I asked a civil question and I know the answer is more involved than the one I got, I am certain the numbers are consecutive, I get that, but at what point do they start, no, don't say 1, for which model I have three here which would all have a different place in the so called sequence and it does not make sense, I am not trying to be clever, if you or other people don't know, why get on a mission about it, I don't know which is why I asked...

What toothace was saying is correct. The serial number is just a sequential number. Core PRS guitars have a MODCAT code on the case and in the pup cavity that does what you were hoping the serial number does. The MODCAT on Cores is different than the serial number on the Cores. So, the serial numbers don't give you any info about model, color, etc.

I think toothace was being open and honest, but you didn't seem to want to hear it. It's all good.
I think nobody is bright enough to understand the question in the first place. Think it thru. What do the numbers mean, it might be a more than one word answer. Its good that you can all rally 'round on me, go for it, do you know the answer? if not just say. I don't want to know what the colour is, I have the guitar I know what the colour is, or the model, not worried about that either. Its all good here too.

UPDATE. OK I have all the info I need, thanks to those of you that didn't come across as beings from a superior race, you know who you are for sure. This all came about as a result of a simple conversation with a mate, the answer is, the numbers have no relevance, the only bit we need to worry about is the letter. I am still baffled as to why and its clear that nobody knows. Apart from that bloke in the factory that assigns them... hmm.
I'll come back if I ever get the definitive answer. I know you'll all be looking forward to that!
Here's a tip to the three guys that started getting the sh!ts with me. Don't believe everything you think. You will enjoy life much more.

Topic Closed.

Last edited:
Not sure when the above referenced article was written but in my opinion the pickups in my Paul's SE definitely don't suck, and I have SD Seth Lovers and PRS 57/08's to compare them to. He is correct about the fretwork, which is excellent. One nitpick I have about the MII guitars is that the cover on the back of the guitar is surface mounted rather than recessed as it was on the MIK's. Just seems to me that it couldn't cost much more to have it recessed especially while the CNC machine is doing the work.

the numbers have no relevance,
This is what we told you...

the only bit we need to worry about is the letter.
Your letter N, is the 14th letter of the alphabet. It corresponds to SE guitars made in 2013, the 14th year of SE production. Sorry MadVax, no conspiracy there either.
NeIeg0D.gif

This is what we told you...

Your letter N, is the 14th letter of the alphabet. It corresponds to SE guitars made in 2013, the 14th year of SE production. Sorry MadVax, no conspiracy there either.
NeIeg0D.gif
I guess he had to hear it enough times to come up with the idea himself. I stayed out of this one because I couldn't say anything nice...

Back