Core jacks shallow?

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
I picked up a Boss WL-50 wireless unit and the transmitter doesn't fit deeply enough into the jack of my Wood Library CU24, which means that it's little 'kill switch tab' isn't depressed and so it thinks it's not plugged in.

This isn't an issue on my SEs or my CE. Is this a normal core thing? I feel like I'm going to have to shim the jack or get a thicker gold nut for the outside of it so the unit is snug.

What's the diameter of the nut?

Any other solves I haven't thought of?

Not contacting on Wood Library:
D8iXpDT.jpg

Snug on CE24:
fA21mY9.jpg

Last edited:
Did you check to see if something was psychically in the way? ie: a stray wire or something.

Seems like an aberrant jack, I mean, it's not like all guitar cord ends aren't exactly the same size.

Just checked my oldest (91) and newest (2016) and they both fit the cable perfectly.

Could there be material (wood) behind the jack socket that’s impeding the plug being inserted?

Also I’m assuming the length of the plug is greater than those on your normal leads?

It's not about wood, when I pull the jack out of the guitar it still has the same problem.

The inside of the jackplate is shimmed with two lock washers. I put a third one in there (all that I could and still get the external nut on) but no dice.

I think I need a thicker nut on the outside, or maybe a new jack assembly.

Back