*Christmas NGD* Tonare In Abaco Green... Stunner!

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Hey All,
I wanted to quickly share some photos & initial impressions of the new SE acoustic range, specifically the SE Tonare T55E.

As soon as this model was announced, I began my search. I really wanted to be patient and find one with beautiful (in my eyes) figuring.

As it turned out I didn’t have to wait long, and found this one on the second day. Shout out to Bay Tunes Guitars in Maryland! They were excellent to deal with all around, and will absolutely be a return customer.

First off, the quality is outstanding. I also have an SE Alex Lifeson, and one of the original SE Angelus Custom (rosewood back & sides). Both were made by Wildwood, the newer one is by Cor-Tek. I see/feel & hear No drop in quality, and I’m actually surprised at how balanced & actually warm sounding this guitar is, being maple back & sides.

The color is a bit lighter in person, and of course the photos don’t really do it justice. This looks like a private stock grade quilt, even though it’s just a veneer!
TDOwEJM.jpg

bOIyM2Z.jpg

oQbsrpu.jpg

oEeE4WP.jpg

lFfJrTv.jpg

AILvcQu.jpg

nQYc0zJ.jpg

XigLAZk.jpg

0rRTZws.jpg

DfqD1Fs.jpg

Last edited:
Just putting a comment so I get a notification when your photos are up, ‘cos I love a new guitar day, especially acoustic!

Waiting patiently (foot tapping!), c’mon man I need my fix. Please brother!!;)

I don’t mean to be blasphemous but, Jesus! Those old school birds look like real abalone, and are probably the nicest looking birds since the change to outlines, and the sides and back are just ridiculous!

IDK.... if I were a hippy or a cowboy I’d be all over one. And if I had placed a PS order for an acoustic, I’d be thinking about canceling it.

I don’t mean to be blasphemous but, Jesus! Those old school birds look like real abalone, and are probably the nicest looking birds since the change to outlines, and the sides and back are just ridiculous!

IDK.... if I were a hippy or a cowboy I’d be all over one. And if I had placed a PS order for an acoustic, I’d be thinking about canceling it.

Some of these veneers have been really nice. I've seen some others that aren't nearly as figured. I agree Serge...........that one rocks.

Some of these veneers have been really nice. I've seen some others that aren't nearly as figured. I agree Serge...........that one rocks.

Yeah, the few I’ve seen that weren’t stunners are... kinda what I’d expect for a guitar that costs as much as these do. However, the ones that do pop.... it almost ain’t right.

Ebony board & bridge, bone nut and saddle, real abalone, just an amazing guitar for the money. Look inside the sound hole picture... even the wood inside is flamed maple. At first I thought it was a solid quilt back and sides, but the figuring looks different inside. Some of the ones I looked at were beautiful, but the veneers are all over the place as far as figuring. When I saw this one I jumped as fast as I could. Looks great, but more importantly it plays fantastic. I promise to get some clips up ASAP.

About 10-12 years a ago I would never have bought a guitar without picking it up first....
until I found PRS. I have a couple US Core models & an S2 model now, but back then I was only able to afford the SE models. I have owned maybe 20 different SE guitars & basses throughout the past decade, and have NEVER got a dud. So my strategy now is completely different, when I look to get a new PRS, I honestly look for the most beautiful (in my eyes, totally subjective) knowing that it’s going to be a playable guitar... sure there might be some tiny little things going on, we’re talking about sub $800 Korean/Indonesian made guitars you just can’t expect perfection. But PRs gets about as close as you can to a flawless instrument in all the respective price ranges.. The last SE I bought was the Holcomb, and I found a killer top on one from Northeast Music Center, also an amazing shop to deal with. Here’s some quilty veneer goodness...
OvQkpm4.jpg

Back