No Experience with PRS Acoustics

( . )( . )

I’ve never touched a PRS acoustic or any type. In fact, they weren’t on my radar at all until very recently.

I’m the model history, this is all I see:

“PRS ACOUSTIC: 2008 - present. Several models including – Alex Lifeson, Angelus, Tonare Grand, Martin Simpson, Tony McManus. 25.25” scale length, Spruce top, variety of back and side woods including Brazilian Rosewood, Koa, Cocobolo, mahogany, Sapele, etc. Private Stock only 2010- present)”

Is there some resource with a more detailed history of the models over the years?

Thanks…

Just to clarify though, have all non SE acoustics always been Private Stock examples?

Just to clarify though, have all non SE acoustics always been Private Stock examples?
No there were some that were not. Man oh man do I regret not buying the couple that crossed my path. I played on them and loved them but I had a couple Taylors at the time so I didn't direct the cash flow that direction. The SEs I haven't got along with for reasons I know you already know lol.

There were Core acoustics; I had one before my PS model. They were identical in quality to the PS guitars. The only reason I went PS was to get maple, the quality is the same.

This is a quickie recording of my maple bodied PS acoustic. Please forgive the sub-mediocre playing, it was improvised. I was concentrating on the recorded sound. I like the articulation and openness of the guitar's tone.

I should mention that I did a fade with the fader on the last chord. Damn notes wouldn't stop sustaining!

To hear a real-deal player on a PRS acoustic, Tony McManus' Mysterious Boundaries solo album truly represents the potential of these guitars.

Last edited:
There were Core acoustics; I had one before my PS model. They were identical in quality to the PS guitars. The only reason I went PS was to get maple, the quality is the same.

This is a quickie recording of my maple bodied PS acoustic. Please forgive the sub-mediocre playing, it was improvised. I was concentrating on the recorded sound. I like the articulation and openness of the guitar's tone.

I should mention that I did a fade with the fader on the last chord. Damn notes wouldn't stop sustaining!

To hear a real-deal player on a PRS acoustic, Tony McManus' Mysterious Boundaries solo album truly represents the potential of these guitars.
Thank you.
Just added Mysterious Boundaries to my Roon library and will give it a virtual spin later

A truly excellent album.
My bad but I had never heard of him however now rectified and added 5 albums of his to my Roon library.
Thank you kindly @László !

What he said... My all Mahogany Concept Tonare was not a PS guitar...

I tried to pick out a fretboard with celtic knots, but was told that was reserved for PS guitars...

Back