CE22 Tremolo bridge problem...?

lood

Hey guys, so I have a PRS CE22 (2007 model) with a tremolo bridge and a 0.10-0.46 string gauge.
I have a weird problem with my guitar..
When the bridge pickup is selected and I play with high gain, whenever I block the E string (the bass one) I'm hearing this weird metal feedback only it's coming from the guitar and not the amp, I'm pretty sure it's coming from the bridge.
I took the guitar for a set-up and it came back with the same problem! (Going to see the thech guy in few days to point him on the problem.)
I've add a short clip demonstrating the noise..
https://soundcloud.com/elad-meyuhas/memo
Does anyone have an idea of what maybe the problem? (I've checked on 3 different amps and also checked 2 other guitars and that weird sound wasn't there... only on my prs.)
Please, help me PRS sound amazing again!!

I had the same issue with my CE24. It's the tremolo springs vibrating after you've muted the strings. There are several ways to fix this, and if I recall, there was a recent thread about this (maybe search for "tremolo springs" or something like that). What I did was wrap each spring once around with electrical tape. Someone else I recall used foam in the trem cavity.

wr5LtTX.jpg

Back