Carlsbro PRS 25th anniversary guitar (1993)

PRS used to do small-run dealer anniversary models like this one made for the 20th anniversary of the Machinehead. Jeff, the owner, started World Guitars, which is 10 minute's drive from where I live.

Sadly Jeff is no longer with us. Such a character...

Here's Machinehead's 20th anniversary

Now THAT run I know of. Purple with gold hardware…YUM. Another one the pond kept away from me.:p:D

It's only a short flight.....
I can always keep it home for Distort6 ;)

The World Guitars has been just a shadow of itself since Jeff died. They have mainly used PRS guitars and very little stock in general. They have one faded ME1 and this HB with a one-piece top, which blew my mind

I can always keep it home for Distort6 ;)

The World Guitars has been just a shadow of itself since Jeff died. They have mainly used PRS guitars and very little stock in general. They have one faded ME1 and this HB with a one-piece top, which blew my mind

Now that is stunning...and price is not horrendous.

PRS used to do small-run dealer anniversary models like this one made for the 20th anniversary of the Machinehead. Jeff, the owner, started World Guitars, which is 10 minute's drive from where I live.

Bought my Paul's Guitar from World Guitars... great shop. I knew Mark Smith that ran it for while, when I did some work with Taylor. He's moved on now but the guy running it is great.

That's a corker, I wish PRS had done a run for Holiday Music Lefties store :eek:(
I have a lefty Custom 22 and an original '93 EG, but they're getting hard to find. My shop was Music Ground (Donny), Rick is a different kind of character :eek:)

Bought my Paul's Guitar from World Guitars... great shop. I knew Mark Smith that ran it for while, when I did some work with Taylor. He's moved on now but the guy running it is great.
I have chatted with WG staff over the phone several times, and they are fire. One of my good mates at work knows them well, and we are planning a visit soon. He speaks highly of Smithy as well as about the current management. I really want to buy my next guitar from them. I feel like it's essential to keep them in the biz. It's a special place, small yet charming.

Here's Paul and Jeff together

Apparently not, I'll see if I can upload it to Pintrest and get a link
02fb6c6d8fcb10c17bb06d8f17263ff1.jpg

Ah so a dealer run, that makes more sense.

My Mesa Boogie Studio 22 came from the Norwich Carlsbro store, about the same time this dealer run was offered.

The Carlsbro limited edition CE model was a run of 25 guitars to commemorate the shop's 25th anniversary and I have no.10 of 25.
As the advert says, it has an amber quilt top, Dragon 1 pickups and a sweet switch which is activated via a push/pull on the tone knob.
I have posted some photos here:

Was it just one Carlsbro store, or were they available through the chain. Just interested as I was a customer of Carlsbro, not for this guitar though.

I bought my Mesa 22 from them a year later (1994).

Was it just one Carlsbro store, or were they available through the chain. Just interested as I was a customer of Carlsbro, not for this guitar though.

I bought my Mesa 22 from them a year later (1994).
They were available through the chain of Carlsbro stores in the UK. I was offered one of these second-hand a few months after they were released but couldn't afford it......31 years later I've finally got one :)......(it goes well with my '94 Custom 24 and '90 EG4).

The Carlsbro limited edition CE model was a run of 25 guitars to commemorate the shop's 25th anniversary and I have no.10 of 25.
As the advert says, it has an amber quilt top, Dragon 1 pickups and a sweet switch which is activated via a push/pull on the tone knob.
I have posted some photos here:
Lovely to actually see one, I tried to order one at the time and I could hear the laughing over the phone when I asked if there were any lefties, When I came across the old ad I wondered if they had actually got all the orders they needed and proceeded with them, now I know they did. I have a 93 lefty EG and a lefty Custom 22.................... obviously I won't be as lucky as you were :eek:)

Hello there, I just saw this post, and I have to say that they are real! 😂 I have number 24 of this Carlsbro series, the Dragon PickUps are gone, were replaced for a 57/08 in the neck and a 59/09 in the bridge... I do have the certificate, but Paul Reed Smith´s signature is very blurry, but the Jack Higginbotham signature is intact... I uploaded some Pictures of the beauty

Last edited:
Hello there, I just saw this post, and I have to say that they are real! 😂 I have number 24 of this Carlsbro series, the Dragon PickUps are gone, were replaced for a 57/08 in the neck and a 59/09 in the bridge... I do have the certificate, but Paul Reed Smith´s signature is very blurry, but the Jack Higginbotham signature is intact... I uploaded some Pictures of the beauty

Which store did this one come from?

Beautiful guitar.

Nice piece of PRS history.

Back