Carlsbro PRS 25th anniversary guitar (1993)

Noah Jender

Hello, this is my first post, does anyone know anything about the Carlsbro 25th anniversary PRS guitar? I think they had a bolt on neck because the advert I read said they were numbered 1-25 on the neck plate. Are they a thing in PRS world, or have they disappeared in the mists of time?
Noah

It’s not anything I’ve heard of. Where is Carlsbro?
Carlsbro was an English company that made amps/*effects and used to have a chain of shops, I think the name has been bought, and they're distributing now. I can quote the specs from the ad: "amber finish, quilted top, dragon pickups, push/pull sweet switch on tone control, wide thin neck, certificate of authenticity signed by Paul Reed Smith, numbered 1 to 25 on each neck plate" November 1993
It piqued my interest because I had never heard of the guitars, and assumed they must exist somewhere, unless the order was cancelled.
*1970s Carlsbro pedals sell for quite a premium these days

Don’t think it’s a thing.

Carlsbro made a Strat copy.
It was definitely a thing, I have the advert in front of me now, the only thing I can think is maybe they never got enough orders and scrapped the idea, but all the specs are there, along with a couple of photos, but they don't tell you much

It stumps the ‘ol Google machine!:p:D
Absolutely it does, I had a good ol nosey before I asked here, maybe they're out there but the origin is lost, but that wouldn't explain the signed PRS certificates of authenticity. I'll have a look if there's a Carlsbro "fan page" maybe someone who worked for them may know.

It was definitely a thing, I have the advert in front of me now, the only thing I can think is maybe they never got enough orders and scrapped the idea, but all the specs are there, along with a couple of photos, but they don't tell you much
So can you post a photo of said advert please?
Very curious!
I used to practically live in the Carlsboro stores in Derby and Mansfield back in the late eighties and early nineties.

Very curious!
I used to practically live in the Carlsboro stores in Derby and Mansfield back in the late eighties and early nineties.
Apparently not, I'll see if I can upload it to Pintrest and get a link
02fb6c6d8fcb10c17bb06d8f17263ff1.jpg

Anybody else look at the picture and description and immediately think "those aren't amber finish with a quilt top!" ? :D
My first thought too and where's the quilt? Lol

Am I alone in thinking the only thing custom about these is a neck plate?

Last edited:
Very curious!
I bought all my stuff from Carlsboro in Nottingham and my 52 reissue tele (that I still have was bought) mid-90s in Derby! Small world

I bought all my stuff from Carlsboro in Nottingham and my 52 reissue tele (that I still have was bought) mid-90s in Derby! Small world
For whatever reason we never really liked the Nottingham store, buggered if I can remember why.
Bought most of my gear from the Derby shop.
Definitely three Bass guitars( Fender Precision, 2*Charvel).
2*15"Peavey bass cab and a matching 130w tube head.
Equals ferking LOUD...lol

PRS used to do small-run dealer anniversary models like this one made for the 20th anniversary of the Machinehead. Jeff, the owner, started World Guitars, which is 10 minute's drive from where I live.

Sadly Jeff is no longer with us. Such a character...

Here's Machinehead's 20th anniversary

Back