Can someone set this straight?

Da Billys'

If this has been brought up already I apologize.

So I was down at my local Long and McQuade (Canada) yesterday and I mentioned that their PRS wall was looking a little bare...which is unfortunate. I asked if it was due to CITES and what not, but the guy said no. He said it was because PRS was in the midst of a company restructuring!

Can anyone chime in?

Cheers

I highly doubt it. If Long and McQuade is a chain like Guitar Center, then it's likely a restructuring on their part...many GC stores here have cut way back or stopped stocking PRSi.

As a fellow Canadian, the best advice I can give is to avoid L&M like the plague.
They are the crappiest store in Canada.
PRS is difficult to buy in Canada.
If you're in Toronto, a relatively unknown, but large store is Cosmos Music, up Richmond Hill way.
Also 12th fret and The Guitar Shop carry PRS.

As a fellow Canadian, the best advice I can give is to avoid L&M like the plague.
They are the crappiest store in Canada.
PRS is difficult to buy in Canada.
If you're in Toronto, a relatively unknown, but large store is Cosmos Music, up Richmond Hill way.
Also 12th fret and The Guitar Shop carry PRS.
There are worse stores than L&M, but I don’t go there if there is somewhere else anywhere in the area.
Cosmos does have really good inventory, as does The Guitar Shop. 12th Fret inventory is up and down.

I hope I get a raise! :)

There is no restructuring going on, we just have a huge backorder right now. We are doing everything we can to catch up. We started a second shift, we installed a new spray booth and we installed a new CNC machine to cut bodies. But, quality takes time and we aren't willing to cut corners just to move product. So please be patient with us. Cheers!

There is no restructuring going on, we just have a huge backorder right now. We are doing everything we can to catch up. We started a second shift, we installed a new spray booth and we installed a new CNC machine to cut bodies. But, quality takes time and we aren't willing to cut corners just to move product. So please be patient with us. Cheers!

FULLY SUPPORTED AND ENDORSED!!

I'm in my 8th month of waiting for my order. Yes, I get a little "whiny" about it at times. However, I ordered a PRS because of my expectations about built quality, materials, sound and overall "fit and finish". That type of result takes time, and I am willing to wait for it. Of course, I want the guitar TODAY. However, I'm willing to wait because I am more interested in getting the RIGHT guitar when it is ready.

Currently in my 8th month of waiting as well, but I am waiting on quality and more than willing to do so. When the music instrum

I love this and I'm glad to hear it. Currently waiting on a PS to be delivered, but I know that when I do get it, the quality will blow me away. I'd much rather see a backlog and longer order times than to see PRS ever go the way of other industry vets that have been eliminating jobs and shuttering factories.

CNC machines cut corners... that's sorta what they do.:D:rolleyes:

;-) If I could afford another, I'd be on the waiting list too. Out here, only one store carries PRS in quantity, Dan's guitars on Baretania st. It's a pretty rarified atmosphere in there, so I'm not stopping by empty handed...;-)

Back