Can my PRS SE SVN neck be repaired/replaced?

Benzene

I've had this red PRS SE SVN guitar for just under a year and it's been great. It was unfortunately damaged when my guitar stand fell over. The dent on the neck removed the finish and chipped the neck in an area the size of a hand-nail. I took it to a local shop known for doing good work and was told that they could perform a repair but it would not look like it left the factory. I've e-mailed the PRS Tech. Center and they said the same thing. The cost of shipping and the repair would be cheaper if I did it locally. Also, since both parties said that the guitar would never look like factory again I do have to rest on that statement.

When I e-mailed the Tech Center I was told that they could not replace the neck, or strip it and re-paint the whole guitar. Nor could they replace the fretboard. Does anyone here know why PRS can't a new neck on the guitar? Would it get done if I was a YouTuber? I don't care if I would get a 7 string Mark Holcomb neck. The neck doesn't even have to be painted, I just want to take care of the instrument the best I can. I should've at least been offered a price for the repair(s). Even though the damage is small, it's a really good guitar and it should be maintained to quality standards that it had when it left the factory.

We don't have the manpower necessary to perform major restoration projects. All available resources are being used to help reduce our extremely large production backorder. Plus, major restoration work on an SE would cost more than a new guitar. You'd be better off selling the salvageable parts and buying a new guitar.

We don't have the manpower necessary to perform major restoration projects. All available resources are being used to help reduce our extremely large production backorder. Plus, major restoration work on an SE would cost more than a new guitar. You'd be better off selling the salvageable parts and buying a new guitar.

Thanks for the reply. I had seen other PRS guitars get this type of repair work done in online searches and I thought I could get mine done. I know it's worth the cost of the guitar, but it's a good guitar and I'd like to keep it in good shape.

Thanks for the reply. I had seen other PRS guitars get this type of repair work done in online searches and I thought I could get mine done. I know it's worth the cost of the guitar, but it's a good guitar and I'd like to keep it in good shape.
We had to pare down the services provided by the PTC, simply because we don't have the time to complete them. Building and shipping new guitars is our main focus.

I think a good repair will make it as good as new. Even Bondo (car body repair epoxy) would cover it and could be panted black. Good as new.

Back