Buying guitars at the Experience

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Since PRS has announced the dates, it got me thinking. Those who have purchased guitars, amps, large items...how do you get them home? Have them shipped? Try to carry on a guitar friendly airline and put in planes closet? What do/would you do?

Since PRS has announced the dates, it got me thinking. Those who have purchased guitars, amps, large items...how do you get them home? Have them shipped? Try to carry on a guitar friendly airline and put in planes closet? What do/would you do?

If you don't want to take it with you, the dealer you purchase it from can have it shipped to his store where he will in turn ship it to you.

Back seat of my Chevy (not a '60)

'Course, I'm just below the DC beltway on the VA side of the Potomac - Last two experiences, in fact.

What's up for next year? Bring home two? (Better get a bigger boat)

How's that - Song lyrics and movie quotes in one post...

Shultzie

Well I didn't even know you could buy guitars there since I've never been. I guess I should start saving up now then.

You can buy guitars there? Why didn't anyone tell me???

405374554.jpg

Jamie

If you don't want to take it with you, the dealer you purchase it from can have it shipped to his store where he will in turn ship it to you.

Just curious, what is the need for shipping it to the dealer store first before shipping it to the owner? Doubling the chances of having FedEx or UPS moshing my brand new axe makes me cringe a little. If it's so they can provide you a special "dealer pro setup," can you maybe opt out of it and just request that it be shipped directly to you from the factory?

My 408 last year had to go to the dealer then to me, so I didn't qualify for the $100. But there's something cool about picking one up at the factory.

We'll see if I can hold out til then and bank more cash. I can see how that would be cool. But if something pops up....well, you know how it goes:D

I am trying my best to hold out in my purchases until the Experience this year, but it is getting harder to do especiallly with Shawn's PS friday thread!!

Just curious, what is the need for shipping it to the dealer store first before shipping it to the owner? Doubling the chances of having FedEx or UPS moshing my brand new axe makes me cringe a little. If it's so they can provide you a special "dealer pro setup," can you maybe opt out of it and just request that it be shipped directly to you from the factory?

My guess is it has to go to the dealer because PRS is a wholesaler and does not deal direct. Even a private stock is 'bought' by a dealer then sold to you as I understand it.

even when you buy at the Experience you buy from a dealer

Well I didn't even know you could buy guitars there since I've never been. I guess I should start saving up now then.

It's hard NOT to buy one. Everybody is so nice and it's so much fun.
Been to 2 Experiences, bought 2 guitars.

Now that you ask I don't think I remember seeing any. Maybe a couple at the actual dealer booths.

I may be wrong but I think that sales floor is all about the big babies.

Back