Bring on some funk

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I am mainly into classic rock, metal, and prog, but I grew up with a lot of the old classics such as this one below.
I heard it yesterday on one of the local radio channels while in my work vehicle going between sites.
I must learn the chords to this first one :D

We also stretch daily at work right at 5:30 am, and I use my iPod plugged into a stereo at work, but I must get some of these old funky tunes such as the one above and the one Lowe Rider Don't Use No Gas Now to put on for early morning tunes to get the gang moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funk Yeah!

A healthy diet of funk will change your life for the better.

Great Videos! If you like funk with a touch of blues & jazz you may want to check out Jeff Golub - Pick Up The Pieces. Both the studio and live versions are on Youtube, but for some reason, I am not allowed to post links here???

I love those songs! For a minute there I thought I saw Bob Ross (the happy trees painter) playing the Low Rider harmonica. hahahaha

I bought the MP3 this morning via Amazom and my HTC One.
Got home and fired up the PC, and Amazon downloaded it to my PC, and also into iTunes, and updated my two iPods.
We shall stretch tomorrow morning to Brick House.

This darn tune has been in my head all day long, and even now as I relax here watching Sleepy Hollow and typing on my iPad Air.
I will try to learn this tune.

Some more modern funk w/an undead angle...

No discussion about funk is complete without George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars with the incomparable Blackbyrd McKnight on the guitar.

Back