Best Place to Buy a PRS Core model?

I'm all about the small guys, I really am, but they generally have more of a problem being competitive in prices.

My feeling is that either you're for the small guys, and are willing to pay for what they offer, or not.

If not, then you're not really all about them. Not saying you should be, or have to be about them, of course. That's a personal decision.

But it doesn't really help them if you merely sympathize with their plight, yet spend your money with the big box stores.

I'm all about the small guys, I really am, but they generally have more of a problem being competitive in prices.
For me it isn't so much about being small as being owned by a person. Some of those stores are well stocked and very competitive on pricing. Most of the stores mentioned in this thread fit.

My feeling is that either you're for the small guys, and are willing to pay for what they offer, or not.

If not, then you're not really all about them. Not saying you should be, or have to be about them, of course. That's a personal decision.

But it doesn't really help them if you merely sympathize with their plight, yet spend your money with the big box stores.
Let me rephrase... I don't think I have a small guitar shop in Nashville that's a PRS Signature Dealer -- there's Guitar Center and Corner Music (and they currently have one scratch and dent PRS).

So that leaves the "interwebs"... Of which I'm tending toward Dave's Guitar Shop, Willcutt Guitars, Brian's Guitars, and some smaller mom and pops that are using Reverb as a means of advertising their new stock. I don't mind paying more for the little guy. But I have a threshold. And I know roughly what the dealer cost is on these guitars, and I certainly don't mind helping a dealer make a profit.... But everyone wants to get the best deal they can, right?

Jack at NE Music was super helpful when I purchased my McCarty 594. Understands the investment one makes with a PRS. very patient and understanding, even with multiple questions.

Jack at NE Music was super helpful when I purchased my McCarty 594. Understands the investment one makes with a PRS. very patient and understanding, even with multiple questions.
Forgot to add them to my list... Good selection too!

But everyone wants to get the best deal they can, right?

Yes. I agree.

Though for me, great personal service is factored into that "best deal" thing.

No doubt in my mind that the shops you're looking at are highly respected dealers, and lots of the guys here buy from them. And they're small enough to qualify as "small guys" in my humble estimation.

One nice thing about all the dealers you mention is that they have the kind of relationship with PRS that can get things done on your behalf should an issue arise.

BRIANS GUITARS & WILDWEST GUITARS... I've bought private stock & wood library guitars from these folks. Fair prices from both...YUP !

I've personally bought from: Brian G. @ Brian's Guitars), Jack Gretz @ NE Music Center (back when he was at Magdon Music), Eric @ Willcutts and most recently Brett and the gang at Moore Music.

Can't really go wrong with any of them, or some of the other dealers mentioned in this thread.

All of the dealers mentioned in this thread are great. Brian probably has the largest selection of anyone I can think of off the top of my head.

For my first core I bought my Paul's guitar which came from MusicStoreLive's visit to the wood library. And it ain't going anywhere no time soon. My avatar.

I live in the UK and I bought from Brian( Top Man ) but you can't go far wrong with most dealers, after all.
It's a Paul Reed Smith!!!

Back