Incoming: Core Tremonti Trem

csquared

I went ahead and ordered a Tremonti Core with a trem. I am both excited and terrified lol
Allow me to explain and bore you a bit with some background:
LONGTIME Les Paul Player. Right around 40 years now. Over the years I've had a lot of other nice guitars, and I always ended up dumping them because my muscle memory is tied to the layout of a Les Paul, pickup selector being the most critical but also the variety of tones I can dial in. With the right pickups my number 1 covers everything with ease.
The major downfall of being a Les Paul player is the lack of a trem. I've never been a huge trem guy, but I've also mostly had Les Pauls
If you wanted a LP with a trem you had two options: adding a bigsby (not a fan) or buying an Axcess with a Floyd. I tried the axcess, loved a lot about it but ultimately, Floyds kinda suck.
Back in September I built a guitar for my daughter. Kind of a strat tele hybrid, with a Hipshot Contour Trem. She also has a Pink CU24 SE. These trems are fun. How to get a LP with a Hipshot, Wilkinson VS100, or a PRS style? I have a 594, awesome guitar. If I could only find one with a trem...
The Tremonti seems like my best option without going with a full on Custom Build. I prefer to use the trem for some Vibrato on chords or to pull up (dive bombs are kinda boring). It says the Trem is recessed so on paper this looks awesome.
Now the terrified part:
I have had horrible luck over the years buying guitars sight unseen. Every piece of wood resonates a little different. Over the years I've learned to just a quiet spot and play a guitar unplugged and listen to it to find the right one. About 17 years ago I had some medical issues I had to battle and had to sell my guitars to help get me through. I spent 3 years playing Les Pauls before finding one I loved, and than 2 months later i found one that also satisfied my ear. I also have been battling Lupus since the Chemo so neck profile is super critical.The only guitar I've ever bought and been in love with unseen is my Wildwood Spec S2 CU24.
This also the second most expensive guitar I ever bought

Fingers crossed....

I believe the 594 and Tremonti have completely different neck profiles. Isn't the Tremonti a wide thin?

I believe the 594 and Tremonti have completely different neck profiles. Isn't the Tremonti a wide thin?
Yup. I do enjoy my 594, but I prefer the wide thin on my CU24. I have 2 LPs with thin 60s necks and both are on the slimmer side of what Gibson calls a 60s neck.
About the only thing on paper I wish the Tremonti had was 24 frets. Everything else (wide thin neck pattern, choice of woods, recessed trem, control layout) is exactly what I'm looking for.
That said if I could custom order I'd do a wenge neck, ebony board, 24 fret, and outline birds

Finally got to spend some time with her
Gobs of sustain, stays in tune, neck is a little different from my CU24 with the pattern thin neck but I'll get used to it. Frets feel great. Bridge pickup is a lot of fun to use for both leads and rhythms. Neck may need to try and tweak a bit or replace, but honestly planned on swapping on just based on aesthetics. One open and one cover doesn't work for me.
prs-1-jpg.667369
prs-2-jpg.667370
prs-3-jpg.667371
prs-7-jpg.667375

Awesome choice! It's a beauty. I have no doubt you'll love it. The recessed route for the trem is really great and a lot of fun. The Bass pick up is hit or miss on the Tremonti's. I've had a few that I absolutely loved and others that were decent. Try the PRS 58/15 pickup. They make a fee versions (TM, MT, LT).You would probably enjoy the LT version as a Les Paul player. Or go with an 85/15. Those are my two main Bass pickups I like to install on my guitars. Because you are a LP player, look into the Emerson prewired kit for PRS Guitars. It truly brings the guitar to life. Congrats again!

Awesome! Dig it! Huge fan of my Tremonti..

I personally like the mixed look and wouldn't want to change the tone of mine at all, treble, bass, or mixed. You could always remove the cover from the bass pickup. It'll alter the sound a tiny bit but would have two uncovered pickups. Though, one would be squabbin and the other would be normal bobbins.

They do have older uncovered Tremonti treble pickups floating around on the used market. You could pick one up and cover it.

Another suggestion is to pick up a 5708 or as suggested a 5815LT for the bass pickup. My top 3 PRS bass pickups are Tremonti, 5708, and 5815LT in no particular order. I can't really speak too much about the 5815 or 5815MT. I've only tried those out in stores, but I did like them.

Congrats on a beautiful Tremonti. Aquamarine, right? That is a great looking guitar. As others said, the Tremonti is a great model ( I just bought a second one!). I hope you get a lot of playing time with it.

Back