Best pedals for your PRS

For bluesy classic rock type of stuff, I have a king of tone clone that I made myself and a Ceriatone Centura (klon), and the two of them together cover a lot of ground and compliment each other nicely.

For bluesy classic rock type of stuff, I have a king of tone clone that I made myself and a Ceriatone Centura (klon), and the two of them together cover a lot of ground and compliment each other nicely.

Ceriatone makes REALLY good stuff. I've been on the fence with the horsebreaker for a little while.

To the OP, I use a ton of Wampler stuff. My favorite is the Euphoria.

Almost $300. Pricey for a pedal... I went to Fulltone site to check out his Ranger, but he wants $234 for them, so that plus a nice comp for $289 doesn't seem quite as bad. Still pricey. But if it's "the one" that takes your tones to the next level, then some others become expendable.

I’ve never been happier with a dirt pedal than I am with the Bogner Ecstasy Red. I seriously don’t even look at other dirt pedals anymore.
Oh c'mon now... You know dang well that one day there'll some fancy lookin' dirt pedal flaunting its saucy switches in your face and you'll be powerless to resist.
Dirty dirty dirt pedal!:p

Oh c'mon now... You know dang well that one day there'll some fancy lookin' dirt pedal flaunting its saucy switches in your face and you'll be powerless to resist.
Dirty dirty dirt pedal!:p

I don’t know... the only other one I’d consider is the Bogner Blue, and there’s a significant problem with that one.

If I had a clean pedal platform amp, with no gain channel, I'd have another Red for sure. There is a Blue listed on Craigs List locally for $100. That's so cheap it's suspicious, given that it's been listed for several months. I've come close a couple times to seeing if it's for real. I sold my Red for $200 plus shipping a couple years ago (to fund my Mini Recto). $100 seems crazy cheap.

My McCarty goes into a Smokey Amps Klone > Keeley Comp Plus > TS808. Klone for a nice push, edge of break up. Leads come for gain stacking the Klone into 808 or comp into 808.

I’ve been using the tube screamer before other effects such as the fuzz and distortion. What is the benefit to running it after?

I know HX, Axe, and others are popular but I prefer to sculpt sounds with knobs instead of menu diving. Just personal preference.

-k

Reactions: IRG
I’ve been using the tube screamer before other effects such as the fuzz and distortion. What is the benefit to running it after?

I know HX, Axe, and others are popular but I prefer to sculpt sounds with knobs instead of menu diving. Just personal preference.

-k

Overdrive after distortion is not so useful as before distortion, as the distortion tends to dominate the tone.

Overdrive after fuzz is pretty common. Dial the fuzz back so it mostly alters tone, then control the drive with the overdrive. Gilmour and Johnson do this IIRC. Also, fuzz tends to interact with the guitar, so fuzz first is common.

Back