Belated NGD P22 Rosie, and a question...

dmatthews

Dave's not here
So... I needed/wanted some acoustic sounds without changing guitars at a gig. The result is this P22 guitar that I fell in love with immediately.

So glad I picked this beauty up!
But now on to the question...
A friend of mine and I got into a discussion regarding exactly what type of magnetic pups are in this particular guitar. He is fairly sure that it has 5310s, and I "suspect" it has 5708s. It was built on December 13th 2012.
Here's the modcat:

Model: P22 or P24
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Ten Top
Neck Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Neck Carve: Pattern/Regular (Standard)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: 2013 Birds
Bridge: Piezo Adjustable Stoptail
Color: Orange Tiger
Hardware: Gold
Treble Pickup: P22

Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: P22
Electronics: 5-Way Bladeswitch

:rock:

We know that 5310 wire ran out, and that 5708 became the defacto pup for a P22 after that. The question is, how do I tell what my pups are? Now... I asked PTC what they were given the SN and was told they are 5708 based on the fact that the guitar was shipped after March 2012, but my friend insists that March 2013 would be more accurate.
Every P22 Orange Tiger with Rosewood neck and gold HW I've seen from 2012 lists 5708.
But... every other 2012 P22 is listed with 5310.
There in lies the conundrum. What are they? And thank you for your help!

And now for some more pron...

Last edited:
Congrats,

firstly cant ant help with your question. I'm sure someone somewhere in the world will log on and tell you all you need to know.
You might want to post this in the Electric Guitar section as well, just to be sure.

That's a ripper, beatiful couloir and amazing neck. I wish my Pauls had a piezo, I'm not fond of acoustics but love to approximate the sounds. My old Gibson LP, sold to fund my PRS....had a piezo system. It sounded awesome stand alone or blended in with the mag pick ups. Blending gave the stock Gibson pick ups a completey different character.

I do do have a Parker P44 Pro that has piezo pick ups and the system is good but not quite as convincing as my LP was. I really like the Parker though so I might look at having to upgrade the piezo set up.

Hot damn ...sexy....

Might want to post a ngd in the electric section too...

Great looking guitar - I would think PRS Customer Service has given you the correct answer. Hopefully you really dig the electric tones as well???

Very nice guitar indeed. To get the answer you seek, pull out a pickup and look on the back. It will be labeled. you can do this on the next string change if you want to wait.

also, can you post the modcat. Maybe something was missed.

Thanks for the replies all!
I took your advice and posted in the electric section as well. Indeed yes I do enjoy the pups. I've not tried 5708 or 5310 before so I have no reference point. Also I agree that PTC is very accurate and helpful. The best! I'm just broadening the search.
Modcat = PZM2FTISI5P_OI_GP-PV

if your good with PTC answer, then you have your answer. only other thing would be to check pickup backplate. The modcat is also good, except for the pickup info of p=p22. P22 could be 57/08 or 53/10 based on year of production

Sweet axe! It's prob got 57/08s, I think the changeover was in the last 1/4 of 2012.

Can you measure the resistance of each pickup? I can compare against some I have here ("P22" 53/10s)

Back