before and after: wood to guitar

003.jpg

001.jpg

Man! Another Awesome guitar Pete. What's that color called? it looks like it has hints of green in it. Very cool! :rock:

Thanks!

It is Aquamarine, but with a extra wash coat to lighten it up a bit. Aquamarine is mostly blue but has a little green in it, which comes out a touch more when you lighten it either with the extra wash coat, or via sanding.

I dig it!

Here are some other varieties of the same color family that are done with sanding, FYI:

Wood%2520Libary%2520Oct-23-2012%252007.jpg

Thanks for those example pictures. Its cool how different they can make the same color look just by sanding it to different degrees. Thanks again Pete!

I have some new before pictures...just waiting on build completions. One might be done more quickly than I thought. :wink:

I have some new before pictures...just waiting on build completions. One might be done more quickly than I thought. :wink:

Tease!!

You must share the Work In Progress pics from last week! I shared mine...

;)

I just noticed the pickup cavities - 408's, very nice!

Of the 4 I have spec'ed, I have the one inbound with 408's. I really dig 408's, want to spec another one with them, but I keep chickening out in spec'ing them into more Private Stock's at time of spec'ing them, LOL. It just seems so permanent to not be able to change later. That being said, I hardly ever actually do change pickups, so what am I worried about?... ;)

On these last two I did uncovered Zebra 5708's on one and uncovered Zebra 5909's on the other. I guess I was in a Zebra mood last week! :D

Incoming Amethyst SC has uncovered black 5909's.

But all three guitars mentioned with 5708's/5909's have Sig Switching, I dig the two micro-toggles for that versus the push-pull on the tone knob. Also you get some cool tones with both pickups on and one split one full, with the 408's and in the past with 5909's I had in an SC Ted with two push-pulls, wanted to have that flexibility on these.

Back