Bands you wished had different singers

OK I'm gonna say it. I think Led Zeppelin would be a better band if Robert Plant wasn't the singer.
Thank you! I thought I was alone. I've largely gone into hiding for this unpopular opinion. The songs are great, but I'd rather hear Dread Zeppelin. Can't go wrong with an Elvis impersonator. ;)

led zep may have been better with janis joplin, but their instrumentals are so boring without the singer. yous who prefer impersonators and white reggae, question your life choices.

I saw The Struts again last night, at the HoB in CHI.

Luke Spiller is f'ing amazing, and would make any band better. He would smoke Adam Lambert in Queen.

There may not be a better living frontman.

He's like if you took the best bits of Mercury, Bowie, and Jagger and updated them. He sounds great, his stage presence is compelling and effortless, and he just oozes rock star.

I don't care what kind of rock you like - if you want a fun show, just go see them. No way you regret it.

I also will endure Labrie live in April but it will be worth it to hear Scene's in its entirety

I saw The Struts again last night, at the HoB in CHI.

Luke Spiller is f'ing amazing, and would make any band better. He would smoke Adam Lambert in Queen.

There may not be a better living frontman.

He's like if you took the best bits of Mercury, Bowie, and Jagger and updated them. He sounds great, his stage presence is compelling and effortless, and he just oozes rock star.

I don't care what kind of rock you like - if you want a fun show, just go see them. No way you regret it.

Thanks for your post. I was unfamiliar with Spiller, so I searched YouTube and found this. Credible job!

Aren't these the dudes (Struts) that just appeared on the Victoria Secrets show a few nights ago? Asking for a friend. ;)

For me it would be Queen. The new guy just irritates me on so many levels. Doesn't have to sound like Freddy, but ugh! lol.

I dunno. The wife and I saw them a couple summers ago. We both thought he did a great job. I love Paul Rodgers, but Lambert is more suited to do Freddy, IMO. Of course, as a May fanboy, it was just nice to see him again.

I dunno. The wife and I saw them a couple summers ago. We both thought he did a great job. I love Paul Rodgers, but Lambert is more suited to do Freddy, IMO. Of course, as a May fanboy, it was just nice to see him again.

I’m a Paul Rodgers fan boy! I love the raw quality of his 70’s vocals. A quality that was in Freddie’s voice too. An era when you knew who the real singers were!

I’m a Paul Rodgers fan boy! I love the raw quality of his 70’s vocals. A quality that was in Freddie’s voice too. An era when you knew who the real singers were!

I thought Lambert and Rodgers both did well. I liked that PR didn’t try to sound other than himself, which makes sense since he is one of the great R&R vocalists.

I thought Lambert and Rodgers both did well. I liked that PR didn’t try to sound other than himself, which makes sense since he is one of the great R&R vocalists.

Paul Rodgers is one of my greater vocal influences, him and Stevie Wonder.

God can you imagine Stevie singing Bohemiam Rapsody?!

I think Volbeat would be a kick-ass band of they didn't have that godawful vocalist they've got now.

"Yer uh lie-yer, yer uh ccchhheeder yer uh foo-hoo-uhl"

Can't stand him

Back