Bad Luck - Bad Timing - Blessing In Disguise?

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
The Last Week Or So I Have Been Looking At A Few Different Amps And Guitars To Potentially Purchase. As I Ponder A Bit To Decide On Which One Of The Bunch I Would Go With And Arrive At My Decision I Go Back Only To Discover Somebody Else Snagged It. This Has Happened A Handful Of Times To Me That Last Couple Of Weeks. It Isn't Like I Am Taking A Long Time To Decide Either. I Have Missed Out Here And There On Something Over The Years But Never Like This And All One Right After The Other. It Is Like I Want To Buy Something But It Just Isn't Allowed To Happen...Anybody Else Ever Experience Such A Thing?

I haven't, but I don't buy guitar gear very often.
I Am Not On The Hunt For Guitars Often And This Experience May Have Cured Me For Another Long While...LOL Did You Get Your DGT?

Something even better will show up soon.
At least that what I always tell myself...usually ends up true.
That Would Be Nice! These Were Some Pretty Special Guitars That Had The Looks And Specs You Rarely See All Together. I Hope You Are Right!

I used to see something I really liked but would take time to decide if I really wanted it. So I usually thought on it for about 30 seconds and then went back on the site. If it was still available I took it as a sign and bought it!

The Last Week Or So I Have Been Looking At A Few Different Amps And Guitars To Potentially Purchase. As I Ponder A Bit To Decide On Which One Of The Bunch I Would Go With And Arrive At My Decision I Go Back Only To Discover Somebody Else Snagged It. This Has Happened A Handful Of Times To Me That Last Couple Of Weeks. It Isn't Like I Am Taking A Long Time To Decide Either. I Have Missed Out Here And There On Something Over The Years But Never Like This And All One Right After The Other. It Is Like I Want To Buy Something But It Just Isn't Allowed To Happen...Anybody Else Ever Experience Such A Thing?
There's always Axe FX III and enjoy tons of them... (I was a severe tube snob! was...)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:cool:

There's always Axe FX III and enjoy tons of them... (I was a severe tube snob! was...)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:cool:
The Amp Side Was A Couple Of Used Amps At A Great Price And Some 4x12 Cabinets..Not The End Of The World There In All Truth Though odd To Miss Out On All Of Them Like I Did. The Real Kicker For Me Is The Guitar Side And How Those Were Gone Right Before My Eyes In Some Instances.

While An Axe FX III Would Be Fun To Mess Around With I Am More Than Content With My Kempers And All My Tube Amps. :)

The Amp Side Was A Couple Of Used Amps At A Great Price And Some 4x12 Cabinets..Not The End Of The World There In All Truth Though odd To Miss Out On All Of Them Like I Did. The Real Kicker For Me Is The Guitar Side And How Those Were Gone Right Before My Eyes In Some Instances.

While An Axe FX III Would Be Fun To Mess Around With I Am More Than Content With My Kempers And All My Tube Amps. :)
I hear ya! I used to have a Kemper, too. Nice all in one box, too!

I have the opposite issue. When I find something I really like it hangs around long enough for me to talk myself into it. If the guitars were something unique that is probably why they sold fast. If this stuff was at great prices that would be another reason. There are still a lot of gear flippers out there that snap stuff up they think they can make money on. I am a little surprised on the 4x12 cabinet though. There are not a lot of those selling these days.

I have had this happen a handful of times. I always write it off as, "wasn't meant to be"
I Have Had It Happen Before As Well. I Was Just Really Surprised That This Time It Was EVERY Time. That Never Happens To Me. Maybe The Good Lord Was Simply Saying "Chill Out Dude! Play The Cool Stuff You Already Have!!" :)

I have the opposite issue. When I find something I really like it hangs around long enough for me to talk myself into it. If the guitars were something unique that is probably why they sold fast. If this stuff was at great prices that would be another reason. There are still a lot of gear flippers out there that snap stuff up they think they can make money on. I am a little surprised on the 4x12 cabinet though. There are not a lot of those selling these days.
I Hear Ya And The Cabs Surprised Me. The Amps, Not A Big Deal Really. The Guitars Were Really Nice And Not Cheap. I Don't See A Lot Of Guitars At That Price Point Selling So Fast In This Economy. A Lot Of Guitars In Those Price Ranges Have Sat A Long Time. The Good News Is I Saved Some Hooch And Some Other Guitar Players Got Some Really Awesome Gear To Enjoy So I Can Get Behind That And Be Happy For Them. There Somehow Always Seems To Be Another Amp, Pedal, Guitar, You Name It Around The Corner So All Is Well. Everything I Was Eyeballing Was In The Want Category Aside From 1 Of Them Which Was More Of A Need Than A Want But I Am Ok Waiting For Another Similar Piece To Appear.

So The Saga Continues...LOL. I Had Been Looking For A Particular Type Of Guitar Off And On For A While Now. I Found One That Very Much Captured My Interest Yet There Were A Couple Of Mental Hurdles Feature Wise I Would Have To Come To Terms With. As Time Went On, I Became More And More Open To The Possibility Of Actually Owning This Guitar. I Kept Looking At It Online And It Continued To Grow On Me. Fast Forward A Couple Of Weeks To Today And It Is Still Available. I Am On The Road And Will Be Close To The Store And Will Have Some Time To Actually Walk In And Check This Guitar Out. I Was Tempted At Times To Just Purchase It Online And Hope For The Best But That Still Small Voice Wouldn't Allow It. I Walk In The Store And There It Is! It Looks Better In Person Than It Did Online...Nice Bonus There And The Online Pics Are Great! I Get The Guitar In Hand And Hide Away In A Quiet Room To Get Acquainted With It A Bit And It Is Pure Let Down. It Is Lifeless, No Snap To It, Acoustically Dead And The Low Strings Are Nothing But A Boomy Thud Sound. Almost Like They Are Tuned Down A Couple Steps Lower Than The High Strings (But They Aren't). Absolutely ZERO Response. Aside From Looks, Nothing Was Good About This Guitar. NOTHING! In All My Years Of Playing, Buying, Selling, Etc. I Don't Know If I Have Ever Played A Worse Overall Guitar In My Life. I Sat There For A Minute In Shock And Utter Disbelief. How Could This Be? I Handed It Back To The Associate And He Asked What I Thought Of It. I Was Gracious Yet Quick To Say It Wasn't for Me. He Responded Whew...I Was Hoping You Wouldn't Want It. I Asked Why Is That And He Went On To Say It Came From Another Store And Doesn't Have A Case For It Nor Any Of The Paperwork, Etc. And Then He Said It Isn't The Best Guitar He Has Ever Played.

So There I Was, Ready To Pull The Trigger And Foiled Yet Again. I Lingered Around The Store For A While Looking To See If Anything Caught My Eye And Nothing Did. I Guess A Guitar Is Not In The Cards For Me....Yet. But I Did Try...LOL.

So glad you got to find that out before making a blind purchase. I have bought a few guitars via the special order option, and touch wood, I have never been disappointed. But that is new and I feel confident enough in my dealer that they would make it right if I had any issues. but used? Yikes. I'd be tempted to fall on my sword if I actually bought a dud.
Keep the faith Bogner, your Grail is out there...somewhere.

So glad you got to find that out before making a blind purchase. I have bought a few guitars via the special order option, and touch wood, I have never been disappointed. But that is new and I feel confident enough in my dealer that they would make it right if I had any issues. but used? Yikes. I'd be tempted to fall on my sword if I actually bought a dud.
Keep the faith Bogner, your Grail is out there...somewhere.
True! So Glad I Was Able To Check It Out And Didn't Buy Blind. I Would Have Been Horrified Beyond Words On This One.

Back