Are there any paf type pickups that sound similar to the 58/15 lt?

Cale

Hey guys

I mainly play 335 type semi-hollow guitar.
I have one guitar with the 58/15 lt tci version pickup set installed and I am very happy with it. The pickup set had one braided wire and one white wire. So I was able to add the coil tap function to the wiring.

Satisfied with the performance of the pickups, I wanted to install the 58/15 lt pickups on my main guitar as well. So I bought an extra set of limited-edition 4-conductor versions and I'm going to install Jimmy Page wiring with them on my guitar. I've experienced Jimmy Page wiring and have been satisfied with it, so I'm curious and looking forward to what the Jimmy Page wiring using the 58/15 lt will sound like. I'm not sure about the tone of the finished wiring since prs didn't tune the pickups with that wiring in mind, but I wanted to give it a try anyway.

But I know for a fact that the 58/15 lt is a PAF type pickup. I have a set of user-acclaimed antiquity humbuckers from Seymour Duncan and haven't heard them yet. I have concerns about whether the antiquity and 58/15 lt will sound similar. I also have a set of hb59 from Kloppmann. It is also a vintage paf-oriented pickup, so I am worried that the personalities of each pickup will not overlap. I want to set up several guitars of different personalities. Is the 58/15 lt a pickup similar to the other paf pickups I mentioned? I have also one Lollar imperial low wind set. Would having two guitars with 58/15 lt pickup sets be a wise choice?

I love that pickup but don't want to waste my money. I'd love to hear from you guys if it would be wiser to have two guitars with 58/15 lt installed or try antiquity.

Cheers

Lollar Imperial Low winds Jimmy Herring switches to Imperials on his humbucker PRS's

Hey guys

I mainly play 335 type semi-hollow guitar.
I have one guitar with the 58/15 lt tci version pickup set installed and I am very happy with it. The pickup set had one braided wire and one white wire. So I was able to add the coil tap function to the wiring.

Satisfied with the performance of the pickups, I wanted to install the 58/15 lt pickups on my main guitar as well. So I bought an extra set of limited-edition 4-conductor versions and I'm going to install Jimmy Page wiring with them on my guitar. I've experienced Jimmy Page wiring and have been satisfied with it, so I'm curious and looking forward to what the Jimmy Page wiring using the 58/15 lt will sound like. I'm not sure about the tone of the finished wiring since prs didn't tune the pickups with that wiring in mind, but I wanted to give it a try anyway.

But I know for a fact that the 58/15 lt is a PAF type pickup. I have a set of user-acclaimed antiquity humbuckers from Seymour Duncan and haven't heard them yet. I have concerns about whether the antiquity and 58/15 lt will sound similar. I also have a set of hb59 from Kloppmann. It is also a vintage paf-oriented pickup, so I am worried that the personalities of each pickup will not overlap. I want to set up several guitars of different personalities. Is the 58/15 lt a pickup similar to the other paf pickups I mentioned? I have also one Lollar imperial low wind set. Would having two guitars with 58/15 lt pickup sets be a wise choice?

I love that pickup but don't want to waste my money. I'd love to hear from you guys if it would be wiser to have two guitars with 58/15 lt installed or try antiquity.

Cheers
The 58/15 LT pickups are my favorite PRS humbuckers to date. Having said that, there are a lot of great PAF pickups out there to choose from. I really like Gibson Burstbuckers in my Les Paul. If it were me, I would try the Lollars. Those have a sterling reputation from what I have read.

But I know for a fact that the 58/15 is a PAF type pickup. I have a set of user-acclaimed antiquity humbuckers from Seymour Duncan and haven't heard them yet. I have concerns about whether the antiquity and 58/15 lt will sound similar. I also have a set of hb59 from Kloppmann. It is also a vintage paf-oriented pickup, so I am worried that the personalities of each pickup will not overlap. I want to set up several guitars of different personalities. Is the 58/15 lt a pickup similar to the other paf pickups I mentioned? I have also one Lollar imperial low wind set. Would having two guitars with 58/15 lt pickup sets be a wise choice?

Cheers
My experience is that pickup winders all have their own idea of what a PAF ought to sound like.

I've never owned a 58/15.

But I have three Bernie Marsdens.

One with 57/08, two with Antiquitys...one set double cream and other set with covers.

The 57/08's sound fuller and warmer and have a little more output than my guitars with Antiquitys.

The Antiquitys seem brighter. More treble.

It's nice to have guitars fitted with similar but different pickups.

When I get tired of one sound, instead of selling that guitar I just reach for another.

Last edited:
My experience is that pickup winders all have their own idea of what a PAF ought to sound like.

I've never owned a 58/15.

But I have three Bernie Marsdens.

One with 57/10, two with Antiquitys...one set double cream and other set with covers.

The 57/10's sound fuller and warmer and have a little more output than my guitars with Antiquitys.

The Antiquitys seem brighter. More treble.

It's nice to have guitars fitted with similar but different pickups.

When I get tired of one sound, instead of selling that guitar I just reach for another.

You mean the 5708 you've been singing the praise? Instead of 5710?

Glad you like them but the way, killer pickups!

You mean the 5708 you've been singing the praise? Instead of 5710?

Glad you like them but the way, killer pickups!
Yeah. Got the numbers wrong. 57/08.

Guess that means a pickup that sounds like a 57 PAF but created in 2008.

Last edited:
Interestingly, Seymour Duncan just sent me a text message asking how I've been.

I used to sell A LOT of pickups for him and he and Mj wound me a few special ones. Like that double cream set of Antqituiys.

We chatted a bit and I told him I'd just put his Antiquitys in two of my Bernies and sent him a photo.

Seymour's a great guy.

Back