Are Fiore and Silver Sky SE Tremelo Bridge the Same?

I can provide some first hand insight on this.

At first glance, they appear to be the same bridge. However, the issue I encountered is the grooves they put in the plate for the low and high E strings to “lock” the saddles in place. I’m not a fan of the bent saddles, so I e-mailed PRS and asked if the core saddles would fit the Fiore. They said yes. I ordered some, threw them on, but the width between the grub screws on the Fiore saddles is just a hair wider than those on the core saddles. One grub screw would sit in the groove, but the other does not. It will hang over the edge of the groove, and not seat properly on the plate.

So I said ok, well, it’s not a core bridge so I guess it is what it is. I figured the John Mann saddles would fit, since he specifically designed them for use with the SS SE, and I assume a man of his knowledge and experience wouldn’t create a saddle with such an obvious design flaw. Unfortunately however, they ended up having what I perceived as the same grub screw spacing as the core saddles. The low and high E would not seat properly in the grooves. Pretty annoying.

So anyway. My experience has led me to believe that in fact the Fiore bridge is just slightly different than the SS SE. Why? Oh trust me I spent many sleepless nights asking that same question (not really).

Last edited:
Huh? I don’t follow you, are you saying the Core Fiore saddles don’t fit the SE Silver Sky bridge?

I just sent an email to Customer Support.

Last edited:
So when I refer to "core saddles", I mean the most common ones you find on a core model with the 6 post bridge. I don't have a Silver Sky SE so I've never actually seen one in the flesh. But what I do know, is that neither the "core saddles" (the ones with the circular hole in the middle, kind of a trademark of PRS bridges), nor the John Mann Silver Sky SE replacement saddles will work properly with a Fiore bridge.

I don't recall if I followed up with PRS to tell them that they didn't work right (I bought them off Reverb open-box and they weren't returnable). I did return the John Mann saddles (which is a shame because they were works of art), and gave him the full scoop. So he should be well aware that his SS SE replacement saddles won't play nicely with a Fiore. I originally asked both PRS and John if their respective saddles would work and I got yes for an answer at first.

Let me know if you need any further clarification. :)

I posted this in another thread recently. I know it's a really crappy picture but I put the original saddles back on so it's all I got.

What you're seeing (or you would see maybe if you looked at it cross-eyed for a few hours), is the left grub screw sitting in the groove, but the right grub screw is not. It's teetering on the edge.

Last edited:
Here's the reply I got back from Ryan @ PRS:

The SE Silver Sky and Fiore Tremolo bridge will use the same 2-point tremolo setup, but the Fiore Tremolo bridge will use imperial threads on the saddles and block, whereas the SE Silver Sky tremolo will use metric threads on the saddles and block.

I guess this means that the saddles and block are different. I also asked about the bridge plate and studs and he said they are the same. So there you go, it's the same bridge, only slightly different ;)

Back