Any love for the Stuio's?

Geo408

Not a new member.
I've been a PRS player since 1989..That is to say, I've always had at least one in my possession, since 1989. I love my Studio, and have not found a style of music she can't play! ( the one in my avatar ) I also just picked up a Vela, ( for Christmas..from my wife...love that gal! ) which is an absolute winner! However, I digress...the Studio, has a 57/08 in the bridge, and two "57/08 narrowfields" in the middle and neck. It is so well balanced tonally, that there is little to no perceptible loss on volume when switching from pickup to pickup.
Anyway, I just wanted to see if there are any other like-minded folks out there, who share a similar affection for this wonderfully designed instrument. By the way, I will post pics, as soon as I can!
PS...tried to fix the spelling in the title...couldn't...sorry!

I don't have a studio, but I have narrowfield pups in 1 guitar, and 57/08's in another, and they are my 2 favorite PRS pups. (and I've tried many prs pups)

I do have a Swamp Ash Studio hanging about. As nice as it is, I have not really (at least yet) been able to "bond" with it as much as some others.

I have one and it will never leave my collection. The combo with the middle and bridge (57/08 coil tapped) is sweet. The NF's really respond to volume changes and makes it very nice to dial in various tones , that i can't do on other guitars.

I had one that I wish I could have kept...it was a really great guitar. If all of the pickup heights are adjusted just right, it's an amazing setup.

That's the key..especially true for the neck position. I got mine before anyone touched it, in fact I unboxed it at the store. It was set up perfectly, and the only adjustment I had to make was lowering said neck pickup, a touch. Since then, the only "mods" Done are: Changed the truss rod cover, ( put on a ME cover ) and put DGT tuner buttons on it, and strap locks...ahhh, perfection!

I had one that I wish I could have kept...it was a really great guitar. If all of the pickup heights are adjusted just right, it's an amazing setup.

Gonna have to agree with this. The narrowfields are particularly responsive and you can get a lot of great sounds out of the pickups if set just right.

Not sure why PRS stopped making Studios... but if anyone is jonesing for one, we've got a few left :D: http://www.chucklevins.com/search-r...ds=prs+studio&search_return=all&Series=STUDIO

Back