Another fake but shop claims it is authentic...lol.

but it's such a steal of a deal! that's what? 80% off of street value? The Schecter tuners really add value, so maybe its more like 90% off of value...

I doubt they will sell that. I mean who will pay $2k without doing some homework first. Now if it was listed for $500 someone might jump on it quick trying to get the deal before someone else does. I'd think that would work better at least.

I see that eBay is refusing to do anything about the listing despite getting reports on it. =(

Apparently eBay won't do anything about counterfeits unless the company gets involved. A friend who works at eBay just told me this.

But PRS probably shouldn't be responsible for policing the secondary market. So someone is going to get scammed. =(

Last edited:
I see that eBay is refusing to do anything about the listing despite getting reports on it. =(

Apparently eBay won't do anything about counterfeits unless the company gets involved. A friend who works at eBay just told me this.

But PRS probably shouldn't be responsible for policing the secondary market. So someone is going to get scammed. =(

The seller is refusing to do anything too. I'm sure he's seen his fair share messages. What's worse he's not just some dude. He's a business. Ebay may not step in presale (they used to) but they do post sale. Maybe that's changed now with the paypal stuff too? Either way selling on ebay isn't like you scammed someone in a lot and grabbed the cash. There's plenty of time and protection for recourse. My guess is the buyer will find out quick enough on arrival, taking it in for a setup, or finds his way here. Somehow and probably sooner than later they'll figure it out. Maybe the bidder is a silent hero that is bidding to win with no intention of paying. Ebay wont do anything for a non paying bidder especially if they say they didn't pay because they realized its a faker after bidding.

All is not lost fellas

yeah that's true. That's a bold move. I was thinking the bidder is more likely the actual seller trying to generate some interest.?? I really can't imagine someone with $2k to spend on a guitar doesn't know what they are looking for.

We can only hope.

My only worry is that someone who thinks it’s real may buy it so they can give their loved one the best gift ever. If my wife gave me that, I think I’d have a hard time pretending that I was happy.

I'd have no problems saying it was a fake.. Unleash Wifezilla!!! Upside is when its all resolved you'd have $2k to get a guitar you want vs getting a real one you don't and have to pretend you like. Although, if someone was kind enough to gift me a guitar much less a PRS I'd cherish it forever.

Whoa.. is that one not legitimate also? Thankfully(?) I'm not in line to be buying it or anything, but it does appear to have all the correct appointments & details as other (legitimate) SC-J models.

Interestingly, too, PS serial #1931 (produced immediately before it?) is also on Reverb:
https://reverb.com/item/33309801-pr...ess-shipping-prs-0156-serial-09-150685-plek-d

This seller is super sketchy, claims to be a store in Hollywood, but all the links for the store are off the German eBay site, and look to be kinda broken.

I sent this to the ebay guy a few days ago

"This guitar is 100% authentic" let me correct that for you..

This guitar is 100% FAKE

Back