Angelus SE A50 replacement battery issue

Bdelauro29

Hi everyone,

I just got a PRS Angelus SE A50 acoustic electric and am really pleased with it but when I went to put in a new battery the first one I tried wouldn’t fit (it was a rechargeable) and then I tried a normal energizer which was so tight it wouldn’t fit all the way and got stuck (luckily I was able to get it out)

The battery that came with a guitar clearly isn’t something that is able to be purchased so I’m not sure what type of battery I can get - the one that came with the guitar is the smallest 9volt I’ve ever seen (GP supercell, not for retail sale), best I can measure it’s 1”x 5/8” x 2 7/8”

Appreciate any advice on this

Dumb as it sounds, batteries can vary in size. I've had Energizers that were a very tight squeeze in pedals and such. No issues with my guitars. Try a Duracell.

Although I've not incurred this problem, Duracells work well with my PRS SE A60E. No discernible issues replacing the battery there...

Welcome, congrats on the new guitar and hope you get your battery conundrum sorted.

I had the same issue when I bought a used PRS SE with the battery stuck in the box. I couldn't get the 9 Volt battery out ! I ended up removing the whole battery box held in with 4 small screws. After removing it once I had access I replaced it with another brand. 9 Volt batteries DO vary in size !
No problem now. Seems like they could have given a little more clearance inside to accomodate more battery brands.

Back