And Then There Were Flying Saucers.

My Comment Was A General Comment On Everything We Have Been Taught. I Could Have Better Clarified That.

Truth Is Truth So The "Spin" Or Interpretation, Verbiage, Etc. Isn't As Much Of A Factor When You Break It Down To The Simplest Level. Truth Is Truth And Anything Aside From That Is Not Truth. We Have Been Taught Many Things (Whether Intentionally Taught Or Mistakenly Taught) That Are Simply Not True And In Many Cases Outright Deception. If We Really Pause And Think About Everything, Virtually All We Know Was Told To Us Or Written, Etc. Very Little (In Comparison) We Have Truly, Actually Experienced And Proven For Ourselves...(Again This Is A General Statement For Any Topic).

Did We Go To The Moon? There Is A Picture Of Nixon On A Land Line Phone Talking To The Astronauts After The Flag Was Allegedly Planted. How Des That Happen? I Can't Even Get Good Coverage In Places On A Cell Phone In Places All These Years Later. In That Picture There Is Also A Photograph On The Wall Of The Moon Landing. How Did That Photo Get Taken, Sent Back To Earth, Developed, Framed And Hung On The Wall That Fast? The Footprint Image And The Bottom Of The Space Boot Tread Are Not The Same. We Have Been Told This Event Happened For So Long It Is Virtually Impossible To Even Consider It Didn't Happen Despite The Few Facts I Mentioned (And There Are More I Could Mention).

Is The Earth Really A Globe? Are You Sure It Is Not Flat? If A Person Were To Get A Tennis Ball And Get It Wet And Spin It Water Would Fly Off Of It. I Doubt The Speed Of The Spinning Tennis Ball Would Be Anywhere Near As Fast As We Are Told The Earth Spins Yet No Water Flies Off Out Of Control When The Earth Spins. What Is The Difference? Both "Objects" Are under The Same Rules Yet The Result Is Very Different. How Is That?

I Mention These Few Simple Things As Mere Examples Of My Initial Point/Comment That A Lot Of What We have Been Told And Taught Simply Isn't Accurate. Facts And Interpretations Can Change But Truth Is Always Truth.
Maybe if you squeezed an ultra dense magma core into that tennis ball the results might be different….

My Comment Was A General Comment On Everything We Have Been Taught. I Could Have Better Clarified That.

Truth Is Truth So The "Spin" Or Interpretation, Verbiage, Etc. Isn't As Much Of A Factor When You Break It Down To The Simplest Level. Truth Is Truth And Anything Aside From That Is Not Truth. We Have Been Taught Many Things (Whether Intentionally Taught Or Mistakenly Taught) That Are Simply Not True And In Many Cases Outright Deception. If We Really Pause And Think About Everything, Virtually All We Know Was Told To Us Or Written, Etc. Very Little (In Comparison) We Have Truly, Actually Experienced And Proven For Ourselves...(Again This Is A General Statement For Any Topic).

Did We Go To The Moon? There Is A Picture Of Nixon On A Land Line Phone Talking To The Astronauts After The Flag Was Allegedly Planted. How Des That Happen? I Can't Even Get Good Coverage In Places On A Cell Phone In Places All These Years Later. In That Picture There Is Also A Photograph On The Wall Of The Moon Landing. How Did That Photo Get Taken, Sent Back To Earth, Developed, Framed And Hung On The Wall That Fast? The Footprint Image And The Bottom Of The Space Boot Tread Are Not The Same. We Have Been Told This Event Happened For So Long It Is Virtually Impossible To Even Consider It Didn't Happen Despite The Few Facts I Mentioned (And There Are More I Could Mention).

Is The Earth Really A Globe? Are You Sure It Is Not Flat? If A Person Were To Get A Tennis Ball And Get It Wet And Spin It Water Would Fly Off Of It. I Doubt The Speed Of The Spinning Tennis Ball Would Be Anywhere Near As Fast As We Are Told The Earth Spins Yet No Water Flies Off Out Of Control When The Earth Spins. What Is The Difference? Both "Objects" Are under The Same Rules Yet The Result Is Very Different. How Is That?

I Mention These Few Simple Things As Mere Examples Of My Initial Point/Comment That A Lot Of What We have Been Told And Taught Simply Isn't Accurate. Facts And Interpretations Can Change But Truth Is Always Truth.
Well, these things you mention are, in fact, misinformation. Radio isn't new, and the transmitters sending pictures from moon to earth were purpose designed and powerful enough to do that one thing. The fact that the signal was relayed from Cape Canaveral to the White House by standard phone lines is hardly a big mystery.

The rest of the 'lunar landing didn't happen' stuff has been debunked so many times it's beyond discussion.

As for water not spinning off the earth consider that a tennis ball doesn't have the relative mass and gravitational pull of the earth. You've heard of gravity, no doubt.

It's amazing that people who use things every day - like GPS systems - that involve sophisticated satellites orbiting the spherical earth in space fail to understand basic science that has been proven and re-proven constantly since at least the 15th Century.

No doubt you know that airplanes and satellites and so on have circumnavigated the globe we call Earth and filmed and photographed the journey.

Either you trust proven science, or you don't. But you are using the products resulting from, and obtained by proven science every day of your life.

Well, these things you mention are, in fact, misinformation. Radio isn't new, and the transmitters sending pictures from moon to earth were purpose designed and powerful enough to do that one thing. The fact that the signal was relayed from Cape Canaveral to the White House by standard phone lines is hardly a big mystery.

The rest of the 'lunar landing didn't happen' stuff has been debunked so many times it's beyond discussion.

As for water not spinning off the earth consider that a tennis ball doesn't have the relative mass and gravitational pull of the earth. You've heard of gravity, no doubt.

It's amazing that people who use things every day - like GPS systems - that involve sophisticated satellites orbiting the spherical earth in space fail to understand basic science that has been proven and re-proven constantly since at least the 15th Century.

No doubt you know that airplanes and satellites and so on have circumnavigated the globe we call Earth and filmed and photographed the journey.

Either you trust proven science, or you don't. But you are using the products resulting from, and obtained by proven science every day of your life.
It’s quite interesting to see the actual curvature of the horizon at 37,000 ft on a transcontinental flight especially as the sun is just rising and you can’t sleep for sh!t on your 14 hour flight…

Either you trust proven science, or you don't.
Trust The Science? I Will Pass...We Are Seeing How That Went Now Aren't We? Give A "Scientist" Enough Funding And They Will Prove Anything You Want Them To...LOL

You've just described a shill, not a "scientist".......

Hanging onto a contrarian position requires a person to ignore the rigour and repeatability of real scientific work.
Oh I Agree...The Problem Is There Are Very Few True Scientists And What People Are Calling Science Is Really, As You So Correctly Stated, Shilling. Most Folks Now A Days Are Unable To Even Have A Contrarian Thought, Much Less A Conversation About Anything Differing From What They Think Without Getting Mad or Offended, Etc. People Don't Really Talk Much Anymore. The Deep Talks (Especially Those With Differing Views And Opinions) Have Gone Away And Are Avoided Now And That Doesn't Help Anybody. Iron Sharpens Iron But These Days It Is Just Easier To Avoid And Bury Ones Head In The Sand And Act Like Everything Is Ok When Deep Down We All Know It Isn't. Most Are Too Afraid To Speak Up And Call It Like It Is. It Has Become So Easy To Dismiss And Discount Instead Of Dissecting And Discussing.

Oh I Agree...The Problem Is There Are Very Few True Scientists And What People Are Calling Science Is Really, As You So Correctly Stated, Shilling. Most Folks Now A Days Are Unable To Even Have A Contrarian Thought, Much Less A Conversation About Anything Differing From What They Think Without Getting Mad or Offended, Etc. People Don't Really Talk Much Anymore. The Deep Talks (Especially Those With Differing Views And Opinions) Have Gone Away And Are Avoided Now And That Doesn't Help Anybody. Iron Sharpens Iron But These Days It Is Just Easier To Avoid And Bury Ones Head In The Sand And Act Like Everything Is Ok When Deep Down We All Know It Isn't. Most Are Too Afraid To Speak Up And Call It Like It Is. It Has Become So Easy To Dismiss And Discount Instead Of Dissecting And Discussing.

Have you left the house and actually interacted with people lately, or are you largely home bound and sitting in front of cable news all day?

I don’t ask that in a mean-spirited way. I find that people who have those opinions generally don’t spend any time verifying them first-hand. My father-in-law is an example of that. He sits in his little retirement home all day long, atrophying away while he listens to the endless drone of cable news. That’s his only real view into the world. The only people he talks to are of his same age, who also sit in front of the TV for long periods of time each day. They’re an echo chamber.

If you get out and have conversations with people of different ages, races, education levels, and income…. You’ll likely soften your views a bit and realize that people aren‘t as mindless as you seem to think.

It's time...

This thread was originally about stuff I can't talk about,
but other topics have been introduced.

Humans and life on other worlds:

If we get there before they get here,
they are in trouble.

If they get here before we get there and they are like us,
we are in trouble.

If they get here before we get there and they are peaceful and benevolent,
one of us will kill one of them and then,
we are in trouble.

The moon landings:

"Why did he say that? Now we have to do it!"
"Nope, we can fake it. No one will ever know."

"OK, let's see what's involved in faking it."

"We need to fake new equipment, test flights, moon orbits without landings,
maybe half a dozen or so actual landings, and let's have flight # 13 go bad.
but come out OK so we can have heroism too."
We can make a movie about that one down the road to reinforce the whole thing.
We also have to make sure not even one of the thousands of people involved
over the entire time it takes can ever say a word."

"You know what, let's just go. It's easier."

Have you left the house and actually interacted with people lately, or are you largely home bound and sitting in front of cable news all day?

I don’t ask that in a mean-spirited way. I find that people who have those opinions generally don’t spend any time verifying them first-hand. My father-in-law is an example of that. He sits in his little retirement home all day long, atrophying away while he listens to the endless drone of cable news. That’s his only real view into the world. The only people he talks to are of his same age, who also sit in front of the TV for long periods of time each day. They’re an echo chamber.

If you get out and have conversations with people of different ages, races, education levels, and income…. You’ll likely soften your views a bit and realize that people aren‘t as mindless as you seem to think..
Are You Serious? LOL You Make A Lot Of Assumptions. What Exactly Are "Those Opinions" That You Are Referring To Specifically?

Who In Their Right Mind Watches Cable News Or TV For That Matter? Hard Pass For Me There On The Propaganda Push The News Networks Wish To Shove Down People's Throats.

I Am Very Well Read, Connected And Aware Of What Is Really Going On In The World. My Circle Incorporates All Kinds Of People With Massive Money To Burn And Some Who Can't Rub Two Nickels Together And Everywhere In Between. I Have Friends/Contact With Many People from All Kinds Of Races, Various Levels Of Education, Business Owners To Mega Business Owners To Basic Employees. Famous, Not Famous, Young, Old, In Between. Highly Educated To Drop Outs And Everything In Between. Liberal And Conservative...Religious And Non Religious. It Would Be Foolish Of You To Assume (As You Have) That A Person With A Strong And Different Perspective Needs To Branch Out And Get Out More. In A Way, You Prove My Point For Me And I Don't Say That In A Mean Spirited Way. Your Response Is To Question Me Personally And Or Question/Ridicule My Opinions Rather Than Ponder Them And Potentially Learn From Them In Some Way (And The Learning From One Another Goes Both Ways Here So Lets Nip That In The Bud So There Is No Misunderstanding There). :)

"Differing Conversations" On A Deep Level Rarely Happen Now A Days. Sure, People Can Find A Comfortable Bubble And Function Within That But I Am Talking Larger And Deeper, More Meaningful Than That. My Views Are Direct And Honest, Not Hard Views In Any Way. I Acquired Them By Watching And Experiencing What Is Going On. There Is A Massive Divide On Multiple Levels (Sadly) And If You Can't See That Then You Are Either Not Looking Or Choosing To Ignore It.

Mr. Bogenr sir, not to derail the thread but every post of yours has this weird capitalization that makes it very difficult to read. I don’t know how you are even doing that but I just wanted to comment in the event that you are not aware. Thanks.

Back