And then there was one...

Sorry to hear (been there as well), but congrats on the new gear and tat!

It's endless. I consider selling most, if not all, of my gear every damn day! ;)

I've been in the process of downsizing for the better part of 5 years but I'm not very good at it. Four guitars left yesterday and I spent the evening looking for possible replacements.

Seeing as the OP has a very special guitar he's keeping, I imagine it makes it a little easier.

It arrived today. First things first, that is an impressive gig bag - I was thinking I'd get a hard case, but the gig bag is nice and should serve just fine. Lots of silking in the top, which is hard to photograph with the matte finish, but it's lovely. The tone is great - a bit drier than my 322, which gives me a nice different tone to have available. The only thing is that the action is too high for my taste...so I'm debating between springing for a full setup, or trying my hand at a little judicious saddle filing...height is fine at the nut.

I put the store pics earlier in the thread, as they're better than mine, but have a couple quick shots of mine and a pic of the 2 Eastmans together.

ac2223.jpg

ac2224.jpg

ac2225.jpg

I've been in the process of downsizing for the better part of 5 years but I'm not very good at it. Four guitars left yesterday and I spent the evening looking for possible replacements.

Seeing as the OP has a very special guitar he's keeping, I imagine it makes it a little easier.
Glad you did... think I have one of your old guitars LOL :) Someday I'll concentrate on downsizing.... just not yet LOL

It arrived today. First things first, that is an impressive gig bag - I was thinking I'd get a hard case, but the gig bag is nice and should serve just fine. Lots of silking in the top, which is hard to photograph with the matte finish, but it's lovely. The tone is great - a bit drier than my 322, which gives me a nice different tone to have available. The only thing is that the action is too high for my taste...so I'm debating between springing for a full setup, or trying my hand at a little judicious saddle filing...height is fine at the nut.

I put the store pics earlier in the thread, as they're better than mine, but have a couple quick shots of mine and a pic of the 2 Eastmans together.

ac2223.jpg

ac2224.jpg

ac2225.jpg
Gorgeous!!! Perhaps a truss rod tweak before filing? That could be undone. One of caveats of buying online.

Really great score and can't wait to hear some recordings!

I decided to wade in myself and adjust the action - and I have been successful!!! Took me a while, but about 40 minutes of that is because I didn't have the G string as loose as I thought I did, and when I pulled the pin it LAUNCHED, bounced off the ceiling, then off my foot...and, I thought, onto the floor. I looked, and I looked, then I emptied everything out of the nearby trashcan, still nothing...under my desk there is a been of stuff that I want to keep, like old straps and extra cables. It's a fairly tall bin, so I didn't think the pin could have bounced in there...but it did, finally found it at the bottom. Took the strings off/retensioned about 4 times just to make sure I never did too much at once, and have the action perfect for my taste :). It also sounds amazing, so I am a happy camper.

Also, for the heck of it, I took some interior pics while the strings were off. It's clean in there.
ac2226.jpg

ac2227.jpg

ac2228.jpg

ac2229.jpg

ac22230.jpg

Glad you did... think I have one of your old guitars LOL :) Someday I'll concentrate on downsizing.... just not yet LOL
You did indeed get one of mine. That PS went in trade towards a vintage Les Paul TV Special.

Back