Amp head opinions needed on PRS 2 Channel C

Spent more time with it last night. The Gain and Master Volumes, and Loop Send Volume and then EQ controls are pretty powerful and interactive.
Trying to sort through it.

Amp has a unique Marshall and Mesa character. It is it's own thing.
Reminds me of the Carol Ann Triptik I had in many ways.

Spent more time with it last night. The Gain and Master Volumes, and Loop Send Volume and then EQ controls are pretty powerful and interactive.
Trying to sort through it.

Amp has a unique Marshall and Mesa character. It is it's own thing.
Reminds me of the Carol Ann Triptik I had in many ways.

We seem to like the same base tones :D:D

I was all things Mesa, via Marshall, until I found "home" with Carol Ann's. I picked up a 2CH Custom 50 rig, which I agree touches base with a driven Carol Ann in it's own unique way. Great amps. I also like the way it's clean side takes pedals, which my EL34 loaded CA's don't do quite as well. It's mid response sits a bit lower than my Trips, but I get more snarly Marshall out of my CA's without any help from pedals. Each circuit has it's strengths

Enjoy the 2CH - that bright switch on CH2 is powerful. For me, it's an always on feature as I like more snarly upper mids

Actually worked more with the EQ over the weekend. I think this might be a keeper. Getting a lot closer to Mesa Mark I lead tones, and Fenderish cleans.

I do prefer my PRS amps to anything else I’ve owned (lots of high end and vintage amps), but for hot takes on a modded Tweed, the Fillmore’s pretty nice.

The Fillmore is not a Tweed circuit. It's based on the blackface-type Fender circuit, and has more gain. Mesa actually makes a Tweed-style amp too btw.

Back