AMP GAS - It Is After Me!

I'm never buying another amp. I have all the amps I could ever want.

"Liar! You'll be on your deathbed with an iPad looking at amps and asking, 'Do I have time left for one more'?"

"Deathbeds are not a prerequisite for asking that question I already ask it."

"And what's the answer?"

"I lost my Magic 8-ball, so I don't know."

"It's better not to know."

"Unless you want to do some shopping....I mean, it'd be kind of a waste to buy a new amp and then drop dead the next day."

Man, 4x12 cabinet prices have really gone up. Did everyone decide to get full stacks during Covid?
Based On What I Saw This Morning I Believe Anybody Looking For A New Mesa Is Going To Now Go Used Or To A Different Brand Altogether As They Just Jacked Up Their Prices Again. The Petrucci Is Now $4K. Maybe They Did That To Justify The Mark 7 High Price Tag? Nah....They Boosted Prices On All Their Big Amps. Duals Are $3K, Triples Are $3300, Triple Crowns Are Now $3500. These Price Hikes Sound Like A Different (Familiar) Company Is Now Running The Name Of The Original Company.:mad:

Amazing What A Difference A Day Can Make...

Based On What I Saw This Morning I Believe Anybody Looking For A New Mesa Is Going To Now Go Used Or To A Different Brand Altogether As They Just Jacked Up Their Prices Again. The Petrucci Is Now $4K. Maybe They Did That To Justify The Mark 7 High Price Tag? Nah....They Boosted Prices On All Their Big Amps. Duals Are $3K, Triples Are $3300, Triple Crowns Are Now $3500. These Price Hikes Sound Like A Different (Familiar) Company Is Now Running The Name Of The Original Company.:mad:

There goes any interest I had in a JP2C or Triple Crown! :rolleyes:

Prices for everything has lessened my interest.

Right now is the wealthiest I have ever been in my whole life, yet I cannot bring myself to buy a damn thing.
Same here. I see some of the Mesa amps I sold 2-3 years ago, going for 40% more than I sold mine for… and mine were bought new, so one owner, and obviously a few years newer than they are now. I see many amps that are 10 years old listed for more then new retail price was when they were new.

So yeah I get it. I have more cash than ever, and don’t buy anything.

I have been angry with Gibson ever since they absconded from Kalamazoo in the '84 in the middle of the night, leaving 1600 workers stranded.

Sure, some of them got to work at Heritage. And some got offers to go to Tennessee or wherever else the f#ck they went. But most were SOL.

After many years of mismanagement, screwing up companies they bought - this includes such greats as Opcode and Cakewalk, that they killed; Onkyo, a hi fi company; Teac; Baldwin, that they took to Chinese manufacture making a once-great piano a big nothing; the Norlin years; robot tuners; brass nuts and zero frets; and never mind that it got going again under a guy whose previous job was running a company that made blue jeans.

It's a f#cked up company, like most companies run by conglomerates that have no relationship whatsoever with guitar builders.

And now Mesa. Really pisses me off.

I totally get why R. Smith sold the company. Take the money and run before it's too late! But for the rest of us, f#ck 'em.

I have been angry with Gibson ever since they absconded from Kalamazoo in the '84 in the middle of the night, leaving 1600 workers stranded.

Sure, some of them got to work at Heritage. And some got offers to go to Tennessee or wherever else the f#ck they went. But most were SOL.

After many years of mismanagement, screwing up companies they bought - this includes such greats as Opcode and Cakewalk, that they killed; Onkyo, a hi fi company; Teac; Baldwin, that they took to Chinese manufacture making a once-great piano a big nothing; the Norlin years; robot tuners; brass nuts and zero frets; and never mind that it got going again under a guy whose previous job was running a company that made blue jeans.

It's a f#cked up company, like most companies run by conglomerates that have no relationship whatsoever with guitar builders.

And now Mesa. Really pisses me off.

I totally get why R. Smith sold the company. Take the money and run before it's too late! But for the rest of us, f#ck 'em.
Well Stated...

Back