All about bicycles

No skidding!
Might have been a fuel spill, not sure yet...
Kinda wish I had tomorrow off so I could go see it...
I would be most concerned about putting those engines back on the track! I ain't no spring chicken any more and that is some heavy liftin' that may be beyond my abilities at this point!!

I would be most concerned about putting those engines back on the track! I ain't no spring chicken any more and that is some heavy liftin' that may be beyond my abilities at this point!!
I can only imagine a crane from the north (left side of pic) helping to reset things. What the heck do I know. The greenway/path is too narrow, but the truck pullout/road is available too...

Good news!
I see a NHD coming up! Whatcha gonna choose?

I ended up with a Smith Persist. Upside is it's more comfy than the POC Omne Air it replaced. Ups the safety too, with increased side impact protection.

persist-helmet_poppyTerra_3Q.png

I was able to squeeze in a couple rides the last two weeks because the weather warmed up just enough to go. Although on the last ride, the grass on the side of the trail was frosted over when I started. Didn't seem right to be riding in shorts in those conditions.

Unfortunately, this last ride resulted in my first fall of the year. I was cruising along at 19-20 miles an hour, looked up, and a little kid came running out of one of the yards to the side of the trail. I swerved hard to (successfully) miss the kid, went off the trail, caught a rut and went sailing.

That's the story I'd like to tell.

But the truth is, I'd stopped to blow my nose. Stopped at the side of the trail on an entry point from a parking lot. When I went to get back on the trail, I was lifting my foot to put it on the pedal at the same time I was swinging the front wheel back on to the trail. The grass on the side of the entry path was raised, and of course, I caught it with the front wheel, which also cause my foot to catch on the pedal or chainring, which led to several seconds of frantic hopping trying to keep my balance. I quickly realized that my feet were getting farther apart than I would physically be able to tolerate, so down I went, cruising along at a brisk 0 mph. I got dusty, not scraped up (a couple little minor nicks). Embarrassing.

I was able to squeeze in a couple rides the last two weeks because the weather warmed up just enough to go. Although on the last ride, the grass on the side of the trail was frosted over when I started. Didn't seem right to be riding in shorts in those conditions.

Unfortunately, this last ride resulted in my first fall of the year. I was cruising along at 19-20 miles an hour, looked up, and a little kid came running out of one of the yards to the side of the trail. I swerved hard to (successfully) miss the kid, went off the trail, caught a rut and went sailing.

That's the story I'd like to tell.

But the truth is, I'd stopped to blow my nose. Stopped at the side of the trail on an entry point from a parking lot. When I went to get back on the trail, I was lifting my foot to put it on the pedal at the same time I was swinging the front wheel back on to the trail. The grass on the side of the entry path was raised, and of course, I caught it with the front wheel, which also cause my foot to catch on the pedal or chainring, which led to several seconds of frantic hopping trying to keep my balance. I quickly realized that my feet were getting farther apart than I would physically be able to tolerate, so down I went, cruising along at a brisk 0 mph. I got dusty, not scraped up (a couple little minor nicks). Embarrassing.
I just LOVE crashing in public! :)
Last one was on a section of sidewalk that was being widened to create a bike path. The road is too busy to ride on there, so I'm carefully deciding how to get around a pedestrian, chose my line, and dayum... too late to discover the drop off of about 2 inches. My front wheel goes in it, and refused to get back up on the concrete from the gravel.
See ya!
Like you said... no real damage, except for the old ego... :rolleyes:

I just LOVE crashing in public! :)
Last one was on a section of sidewalk that was being widened to create a bike path. The road is too busy to ride on there, so I'm carefully deciding how to get around a pedestrian, chose my line, and dayum... too late to discover the drop off of about 2 inches. My front wheel goes in it, and refused to get back up on the concrete from the gravel.
See ya!
Like you said... no real damage, except for the old ego... :rolleyes:

At least you were actively riding!

2.8 isn’t going to get through very deep snow. I have 4.8 and can manage 8” of powder.
Might depend on the snow type (slush/hard pack/fluff) but I'd think 4" might be entry.
Last winter I went out on 2.4 and could handle wimpy slushy and some hard pack. But that was a short stint and I would not have wanted an entire trail/path of it.

Back