594 double or single cut.

I am glad I found this thread. I have been going back and forth on SC or DC. Still not sure.

I also need to decide on McCarty Sunburst or McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. Maybe the wood will talk to me and make my mind up for me.

In the end it’s all about endorphins.

If hanging a collection series guitar on a wall generates more endorphins for you than playing it, then hanging is the right way.

If playing it generates more endorphins, then that’s the right way for you.

If dinging it makes you happy, ding away.

If using a rare pernambuco-necked $25k Paul’s 28 to spread peanut butter on a jumbo loaf of bread brings you the most endorphins in the whole world, more than enlightenment itself, then that poor Paul’s 28 is destined to be greasy forever. Paul can’t legally stop you once you’ve paid the $25k. I’m only saying ‘poor’ here cos I personally don’t agree with using a guitar that way. There are jumbo spoons for goodness sake. What the hell is wrong with you?
Hahahahaha that was awesome! Well worth resurrecting a thread for!!!

I own both, albeit with different body woods (Swamp ash dc, mahogany sc). The body shape and weight difference is enough to make them feel like completely different guitars which completely fall down to personal preference so I highly recommend trying and then deciding. Sound wise, my sc definitely has more thump but the dc is more articulate, but the body woods would suggest the same too. I do think it’s psychosomatic though

Net play both and your hands will tell you what you prefer. You can’t go wrong

Does anyone have blind tests of the two that they could post?
There’s a thread someone posted in the last week, or so, that does this. Can’t remember who posted it, but it should be in the Electric Instrument sub forum

Back