594 bridge collapsing

RCM78

Is this common? I just bought a 2020 Single Cut and the bridge is concave. It’s visibly noticeable. My 2019 Double Cut 594 bridge is perf straight.
Now I have to contact the seller and see what they’ll do.

Not common as far as I know. Hopefully the seller will compensate so you can get a new bridge, which seems readily available. Good luck!

This is the second post I have seen about a 594 bridge collapsing. I have only seen two posts. I am not sure how common it is. I suppose there are possibly people that have the issue that don't realize it. I also don't remember if the other post I saw was on an SE or a core model.

This is the second post I have seen about a 594 bridge collapsing. I have only seen two posts. I am not sure how common it is. I suppose there are possibly people that have the issue that don't realize it. I also don't remember if the other post I saw was on an SE or a core model.

SE, S2, or Core?
I guess it can't be a SE...

Don't they all use the same bridge? Not a 594 guy, gimmie my SC58, but I seem to remember reading they all use the same bridge.

It’s a core.
What is PTC?
Btw, this is the second one I know of as well. A buddy had the same problem.
I bought the guitar used from a PRS dealer. They have pictures of the bridge. I guess I’ll find out if they’ll replace it tomorrow.

Pictures would be helpful here, what should owners be looking for?

Don't they all use the same bridge? Not a 594 guy, gimmie my SC58, but I seem to remember reading they all use the same bridge.
I have an SC-58 as well as an early (2016) 594 and both of my guitars have the same exact bridge parts on them.

How does the underside look? I wonder if that’s a product of sanding/polishing after the saddle slots are cut. If the saddle slots are even, any shape to the bridge will not matter. How does this guitar play?

Look at the edge that is on the table. It is definitely bent.
I wonder if it was bent by hand pressure on the bridge, which seems kind of doubtful, or because it was cast imperfectly?

I've always liked PRS' machined aluminum bridges; it's easier to make machined aluminum perfect, whereas castings sometimes warp in the mold as they cool.

I wonder if it was bent by hand pressure on the bridge, which seems kind of doubtful, or because it was cast imperfectly?

I've always liked PRS' machined aluminum bridges; it's easier to make machined aluminum perfect, whereas castings sometimes warp in the mold as they cool.
I am guessing string pressure is the cause of the issue. The material they are casting them out of may be just a little too soft to stand up to the string tension over time. This would happen faster with heavier strings. They may have had a batch that was softer or may need to alloy the metal a bit with something a little harder to stop this from happening. I am hoping it isn't something we are going to start seeing on these. My SC-58 and 594 have both had string tension on them for a good while and are both still straight.

Back