57/08 neck, 59/09 bridge?

LJD

Anyone using this combination? I'd like to try this in my HBII. I currently have 53/10's in there. I'd like a little more air and sparkle from the neck and a little less quack from the bridge. Thoughts?

Can I get in line for your old 53/10's too? :D

Which amp(s) are you playing through and what's a good description of the tone you're after?

I really like the 57/59 combo. I like just that extra dash of salt and pepper in the bridge..... And the 57 is great for woman tone!

You guys are are like drooling dogs for my 53/10s!

I play through a couple fender amps (PRRI, twin reverb). Classic rock, blues, jazz, edgy rock... no metal tones needed. I'm not looking for a major change in tone. I really like the 53/10's, but I'd like if the neck was a tad brighter. An under-wound 53/10 would be a dream in the neck. I actually had 57's originally and I know I like the way they sound (I had ordered the guitar with 53's but it shipped with the wrong pickups, had to give back the 57's when it was corrected). As for the bridge I thought the 59 might tame some of the high mids. My HBII has a rosewood neck and ebony board, so it's pretty bright.

"Woman tone"?

Last edited:
You guys are are like drooling dogs for my 53/10s!

I play through a couple fender amps (PRRI, twin reverb). Classic rock, blues, jazz, edgy rock... no metal tones needed. I'm not looking for a major change in tone. I really like the 53/10's, but I'd like if the neck was a tad brighter. An under-wound 53/10 would be a dream in the neck. I actually had 57's originally and I know I like the way they sound (I had ordered the guitar with 53's but it shipped with the wrong pickups, had to give back the 57's when it was corrected). As for the bridge I thought the 59 might tame some of the high mids. My HBII has a rosewood neck and ebony board, so it's pretty bright.

"Woman tone"?

Roll the tone knob to zero.... Set you amp to hot!!

I like the combo for a solid body guitar...but I personally wouldn't want that in my HBII...53/10's are great or even 57/08's...the 59 would be too hot in the bridge for me in a HB guitar.

After EXHAUSTIVE and EXTENSIVE pickup auditioning for my Historic Lester, 57/08 neck with 59/09 bridge are absolutely the slickest combo with this guitars...

I honestly think the 08/09 combo would be perfect for whatever guitar you want to take the 53/10s out of..............................sooooooo, how much for the 53/10s?

Back