513s

I snapped this photo on the way in to work this morning:

v8DluM4.jpg

Hi guys,
Loving all these 513’s. Been an owner since 2005. I didn’t want to clog up the Introduce Yourself thread any further so this seems like the best place to put a pic of my 513. It’s a BRW model and I think the year is 2005. It has not been converted to hand wired or anything like that (something I only recently became aware of and still know little about).

I would never considered parting with this guitar and that was before I had the pleasure of meeting PRSH. He was kind enough to sign my back plate making this guitar even more personal and special to me. In my eyes this guitar is a Private Stock (but obviously it is not and I don’t mean to cheapen PS guitars).

That's a real knockout "au naturel"
When this guitar was in the shop for sale, I would go in on an near weekly basis just to look at it. Eventually my wife convinced me to try it and that was when the game ended and I bought it.

Nice one piece top as well!!!
It’s a work of art. All credit goes to the people who put it together. I just get to play it. :)

I hope you are at least as happy playing it as I am when playing mine!!!
Oh and welcome to the forum!!

I hope you are at least as happy playing it as I am when playing mine!!!
Thank you Jazzedout, I’m sure I am. Certainly, the only way I could be happier is if I felt my playing was of a standard that the guitar deserves. But trying to play better using it is one of my life pleasures.

As much as I love the way it looks, it is the tones that melt my heart. If I may draw a sickeningly sweet parallel; It was the look of my wife that attracted me, but it was her personality and humour that has made me stay for over 20 years. :barf:

Hi guys,
Loving all these 513’s. Been an owner since 2005. I didn’t want to clog up the Introduce Yourself thread any further so this seems like the best place to put a pic of my 513. It’s a BRW model and I think the year is 2005. It has not been converted to hand wired or anything like that (something I only recently became aware of and still know little about).

I would never considered parting with this guitar and that was before I had the pleasure of meeting PRSH. He was kind enough to sign my back plate making this guitar even more personal and special to me. In my eyes this guitar is a Private Stock (but obviously it is not and I don’t mean to cheapen PS guitars).

Sharp intake of breath! Congratulations

I tried one at a GC a few years ago and it seemed darker than I thought it would be.

I really wanted to fall in love with it but I think it would take a maple neck to make that happen.

I did have one for sale locally for dirt cheap and I drug my feet too long and it sold.

I tried one at a GC a few years ago and it seemed darker than I thought it would be.

I really wanted to fall in love with it but I think it would take a maple neck to make that happen.

I did have one for sale locally for dirt cheap and I drug my feet too long and it sold.

It’s a strange one that, some times I feel it’s a little too bright and “bitey”, but perhaps that’s my ear or the way I have my amp setup. I had a Tele for a while and I always kept that on the lipstick tube as anything else was just too bright for me. I’m running a Vox AC30H2L so there is a chance that I’m just compensating at the guitar for having the amp set to max treble. I confess... the Ac30 controls confuse me!o_O

I tend to want a darker rounded tone so I’m mainly on the neck pup with single coils and the tone turned down to about the mid point for noodling. I’m on the bridge pup on hot humbucking again with the tone pot turned down for rhythm but I also tend to roll off the volume a little too. For a bit of clean wah I’ll stick it in neck/mid pup position on single coil with the tone pot dialled to something that gets the wah sounding sweet.

Caveat is that I generally just fumble about as I don’t really know what I’m doing and I’m just having a bit of fun.

That is one awesome looking axe! I have never seen a "natural" 513 before. Enjoy.
PS - I have a HB I natural - & I am a big fan of "natural":)

Thanks CVS. Mmmmmm Hollow Body I - in Natural.... that would sit so nice with the 513. I should get me one of those. :):)

It’s a strange one that, some times I feel it’s a little too bright and “bitey”, but perhaps that’s my ear or the way I have my amp setup. I had a Tele for a while and I always kept that on the lipstick tube as anything else was just too bright for me. I’m running a Vox AC30H2L so there is a chance that I’m just compensating at the guitar for having the amp set to max treble. I confess... the Ac30 controls confuse me!o_O

I tend to want a darker rounded tone so I’m mainly on the neck pup with single coils and the tone turned down to about the mid point for noodling. I’m on the bridge pup on hot humbucking again with the tone pot turned down for rhythm but I also tend to roll off the volume a little too. For a bit of clean wah I’ll stick it in neck/mid pup position on single coil with the tone pot dialled to something that gets the wah sounding sweet.

Caveat is that I generally just fumble about as I don’t really know what I’m doing and I’m just having a bit of fun.

Thanks CVS. Mmmmmm Hollow Body I - in Natural.... that would sit so nice with the 513. I should get me one of those. :):)
Mine is at least 10 years old with good ole Archtop pickups (no piezo). Have had to replace the frets - Love the darn thing. & it weighs close to nothing.

Beautiful guitar! Those are my favorite tops with an almost topographical map or waves washing ashore look. Perfect in the natural finish.

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

That is one gorgeous fiddle!

Looks like I'm bringing the 509 with Swamp Ash body and Maple neck/board to Iowa with me sometime in the not to distant future!

Hi guys,

That's like... totally not ugly dude!
Absolutely right up my alley!!!

Beautiful guitar! Those are my favorite tops with an almost topographical map or waves washing ashore look. Perfect in the natural finish.

That is one gorgeous fiddle!

That's like... totally not ugly dude!
Absolutely right up my alley!!!

I think it was the prophet Yoda that once said, “Strong with this Luther, the craft is. Good she does look. Play her you must.”:D

I’m definitely a natural wood finish kind of a guy. So this stood out to me. But still, it was the tone and versatility of the 513 specifically that nailed it for me.

Thanks guys.

That is one awesome looking axe! I have never seen a "natural" 513 before. Enjoy.
PS - I have a HB I natural - & I am a big fan of "natural":)

Me too! Love me some nude! Thanks

Heck, so do I. Been getting away with it for years! Shhh don’t tell anyone!;)

Looks like I'm bringing the 509 with Swamp Ash body and Maple neck/board to Iowa with me sometime in the not to distant future!

Atta Boy!

Back