509 Fans?

Kevin Berry

Im super interested in a PRS 509 but I cant find one to play around Texas and you dont read much about them on the internet.. what are yall's thoughts?

I had one briefly and am kind of kicking myself for exchanging it (though very happy with the 594 I have now... totally different beasts of course).

I thought the tones on the 509 were great.. humbucking, split, and really stratty sounding in between sounds. There is a 13 minute video review by Desi Serna that really shows off the guitar’s versatility.

I will likely get one again in the future.

I dig the idea of the 509 a little more than the 513 in a way. I felt like the 513 while a great guitar was a jack of all trades/master of none. I think the 509 brings its own voice to the mix.

I'm coming around to wanting a 509, but I'm probably going to get a maple neck one. Holding out hope for a limited run of swamp ash body as well.

I can't believe it hasn't happened! The Swamp Ash/Maple 513s that pop up on Reverb on rare occasion only last a few hours.

I know right? Maybe if enough of us are interested we can convince a dealer to do a wood library run...sounds like we may have 3 interested already. I think the wood library run minimum order is 10...If we have more than 5 people interested up front...someone would probably do it.

Speaking of Wood Library..... o_O:eek::D:cool:

43128595_10212816044459949_3651038259653378048_o.jpg

Last edited:
I know right? Maybe if enough of us are interested we can convince a dealer to do a wood library run...sounds like we may have 3 interested already. I think the wood library run minimum order is 10...If we have more than 5 people interested up front...someone would probably do it.
I'm in.

I love both of mine. I found them to be very similar in tone to the 513 Rosewood. The Guitar of the Month version is more stratty than the production, but it's not a Strat. The mahogany body makes it warmer. The neck pick up gives the strat like coo, but the bridge has more of a tele growl. The thing also has 408 electronics, so it coil steals rather than coil taps for the singlecoil sounds. For you, that means just less volume drop between the humbucker tones and the single coil tones.
IMG_1983.JPG

Back