509 Fans?

Would love to see what you gents say about the tonal differences between ash/maple vs mahogany/rosewood versions.

I've found side by side that the ash/maple is not just ehanced in the highs, but it's thick as a brick. In single coil modes, it gets very close to Strat territory, but it
has some b@lls! I LOVE it!!!

I've found side by side that the ash/maple is not just ehanced in the highs, but it's thick as a brick. In single coil modes, it gets very close to Strat territory, but it

I can't wait to find out that this is true! I've always preferred ash bodied strats to alder for similar reasons. I think this applies to the Korina bodied PRS models I have tried as well (BM and NF3).

Yeah, I don't know if it's the 509 pickups that make it thick and full on the bottom or what...

You mean I actually for once described something sorta correctly????? aCk!!! o_O:eek::confused::D LoL!!!

Back