20th Anniversary CST24 stamped “AS” on headstock?

edstojo

I have a black custom 24 10-top that’s a 20th anniversary. I bought this guitar about four years ago and the back of the head stock has a stamp “AS“ how do I find out more about this guitar?

I would post pictures, but I don’t think I’m allowed to post pictures yet.

So, somebody was naughty?
No, sometimes artists send in their main guitars for tweaks/tune-ups, so PRS sends out "loaners" to keep them in the game. Eventually the AS guitars get out into the market place - maybe PRS gifts them to an artist, and maybe after a while the artist unloads it.

PRS occasionally makes Artist Relations guitars available to dealers. I have a PS model that was Artist Relations, and it's fantastic.

They're made to go out for evaluation by their endorsers. Not all of them do, many don't.

Mine didn't. But they're marked that way anyway. PRS chooses the best examples for artist evaluation. Consider yourself lucky!

PRS occasionally makes Artist Relations guitars available to dealers. I have a PS model that was Artist Relations, and it's fantastic.

They're made to go out for evaluation by their endorsers. Not all of them do, many don't.

Mine didn't. But they're marked that way anyway. PRS chooses the best examples for artist evaluation. Consider yourself lucky!
This is AWESOME! Thank you for the insight!

Back