2014 P22 - What's the name of this colour?

Molly

Hi.

I just bought this '14 P22. Can't find the name of this colour and wondered if anybody knows?

Thanks in advance.

aYi5rAd.jpg

Pjnq2Fp.jpg

That's a beautiful P22! I'm not sure about the color name, Natural or Antique Natural would be my guess. I have a 2013 P22 and it's one of my favorites.

That's a beautiful P22! I'm not sure about the color name, Natural or Antique Natural would be my guess. I have a 2013 P22 and it's one of my favorites.

Thanks Tom. Appreciate that. I did a fair bit of Googling but couldn't see anything comparable.

There should be a MODCAT code under the neck? pickup - if it was a normally offered color, the MODCAT decoder would tell you. You could also email the S/N to PRS customer service.
If it was a wood library or other special run, like mine is, the MODCAT doesn't help.

Kinda looks like a Trampas Green to me with perhaps a bit of fading.

I’m thinking along a similar wavelength, that what ever stain was used, the blue dye has faded out of it.

It’s stunning what ever it is and I bet it screams! Congratulations.

In the words of Monty Python:

“Lovely plumage!”

There should be a MODCAT code under the neck? pickup - if it was a normally offered color, the MODCAT decoder would tell you. You could also email the S/N to PRS customer service.
If it was a wood library or other special run, like mine is, the MODCAT doesn't help.
Not only that, but by removing the pickup (it's quite easy, just undo those 4 black screws in the pickup ring--leave the 2 silver ones alone) you'll also likely get a peek at the original un-faded color still existing under those rings.

I would agree with Bill tough, too--it appears to be some sort of faded autumn-something.

Back