2005 McCarty Soapbar - 20th Anniversary Package?

Hi everyone, first time poster. I have a 2005 McCarty Soapbar model, and was hoping for some clarification on the specs.

From what I understand, PRS was doing an artist package and a 20th anniversary package in 2005. These included various specs...I believe the artist package had BRW, gold hardware, artist top; the 20th anniversary package had an engraved truss rod cover, 'birds in flight' inlays, and IRW (?).

Pretty sure mine is IRW, but does have the different inlay pattern. No truss rod cover or headstock veneer. Beautifully done! At some point in this guitar's life, it got a refin and a relic, both of which leave a bit to be desired. Not that it matters to this discussion, but this guitar is all hog, no maple top.

Can anyone shed some light on the difference between the artist package specs and the standard specs, and where this McCarty might land amongst those details?

Thank you!

Welcome.

And from your discription this sounds like a "McC standard (all hog)" with birds in flight inlay. So a 20th anniversary, but not a common one as far as I can tell. This is probably not an artist package, as that usually refers to a very nice figured top with additional bling. Yours is all hog, so no top to make it an artist package. But still cool!

Last edited:
The artist package at the time was: rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid signature, Indian rosewood fretboard (might have had an ebony option), artist-grade maple top, option of gold or nickel hardware, and black real leather case with a leather handle suspended from the brackets via leather loops.

I had a 2006 McCarty Soapbar with the Artist package and an optional-at-extra-cost IRW neck.

Yours isn't an artist package, but it's probably a very cool guitar!

Good question. In my mind I read full neck but he didn't say that. Also, if it has braz it would say for USA only or something like that on the back of the headstock.
Yeah, those 'Muricans only want to keep 'em for themselves

;-)

Welcome.

And from your discription this sounds like a "McC standard (all hog)" with birds in flight inlay. So a 20th anniversary, but not a common one as far as I can tell. This is probably not an artist package, as that usually refers to a very nice figured top with additional bling. Yours is all hog, so no top to make it an artist package. But still cool!
Got it. Will post pictures shortly.

20th anniversary McRosie not an artist package. Rosewood neck, soapies, and birds in flight.. sweet!

Pics would be great!
McRosie! Yes those are the specs.

The artist package at the time was: rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid signature, Indian rosewood fretboard (might have had an ebony option), artist-grade maple top, option of gold or nickel hardware, and black real leather case with a leather handle suspended from the brackets via leather loops.

I had a 2006 McCarty Soapbar with the Artist package and an optional-at-extra-cost IRW neck.

Yours isn't an artist package, but it's probably a very cool guitar!
Got it - so the IRW was an optional upgrade. Definitely worth it.

Is it a full RW neck, or just fretboard?
Sorry - JUST fretboard.

Good question. In my mind I read full neck but he didn't say that. Also, if it has braz it would say for USA only or something like that on the back of the headstock.
Not BRW, it doesn't say "USA only" or anything similar. Also, it just doesn't look (or smell) like BRW. Pretty sure IEW.

Yeah, those 'Muricans only want to keep 'em for themselves

;-)
haha

Thank you all for the warm welcome and helpful responses.

Here's some pictures:

Last edited:
McRosie! Yes those are the specs.

Got it - so the IRW was an optional upgrade. Definitely worth it.

Sorry - JUST fretboard.

Not BRW, it doesn't say "USA only" or anything similar. Also, it just doesn't look (or smell) like BRW. Pretty sure IEW.

haha

Thank you all for the warm welcome and helpful responses.

Here's some pictures:

Peter!!! It's Jake from Belmont.

Looks like McCarty Standard soapbar with 20th anniversary birds that has been refinished with a gold top.

Interesting. I don't ever remember actually seeing a McCarty with the birds in flight inlays. Very cool.

Back