1984 Pre Factory Curly Maple Top Santana!

The thought of buying a new car sends me into a panic, I’m just not a car guy. In fact, my dream car is whatever the chauffeur is driving.

That guitar on the other hand.... if I had about $456,000 in the bank, I’d buy it so fast it’d make your head spin. Which is exactly why I’m not better off financially . :oops:

THIS! Is exactly why I *was* married to my former C.P.A.o_O (Well that and...she was hot, in a ginger librarian, that was into badboys, kinda way;)). Yeah, she couldn't wrangle me in...apparently, I'm a handful. Which is exactly why I'm not better off finacially either. :oops:

We should start a forum support group dude..

Last edited:
I dunno....

One purchase gets you a lifetime Bangin’ award on the Forum
The other gets you an immediate depreciation of 20% out the door

Seems like simple math to me :D

Besides, going with the top choice and playing well might get one driven by the fair owner of a nicer variant of the lower choice.

What a cool guitar! I’ve never owned a pre-factory and, at these prices, probably never will. As I look at my current guitars and ponder what I would have to sell to get this one, it just doesn’t make any sense to me.

At the same time, I didn’t have any problems laying down roughly the same amount for a new BMW last Feb; which will depreciate. I needed a car. I most certainly don’t need another guitar.

Alas... the word ‘need’ hasn’t applied to anything even remotely associated with the word ‘guitar’ since I was 13 years old. :)

Two goals in life...someday play a real 59 les paul, and play a pre factory prs.

I’m thankful. I’ve never plugged a real ‘59 in, but I have strummed a couple acoustically.

And, Markie owns several pre-factory PRS guitars. Some of us who post here have been lucky enough to play those.

This ranked up there, too:

Last edited:
I’m thankful. I’ve never plugged a real ‘59 in, but I have strummed a couple acoustically.

And, Markie owns several pre-factory PRS guitars. Some of us who post here have been lucky enough to play those.

Interesting! Any difference between the 59’s and the current reissues acoustically? The acoustic tone is what I really care about.

Wait...is that @markie s infamous basement?

"It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again?" :p;)

Back