We are NOT Customer Service

May I offer you a moist towelette? Happens somewhat frequently around here.

Depends!!

My grammar is better now, but she was pretty sick for a couple days.

I remember that last thing my Grandad said to me before he died:

“Are you still holding that f*cking ladder?!”

I remember that last thing my Grandad said to me before he died:

“Are you still holding that f*cking ladder?!”

True story - when I was about 14, some siding had come loose on the side of the house, about 15-20 feet up. My dad asked me to help, pointed out where the loose parts were, and told me how to nail them down. He put up the extension ladder and held it for me. I nailed a couple down, and went for the last one but it was a bit too far to reach. So I yelled down that we'd have to move the ladder a bit and I was coming down. My dad - the guy looking out for my safety - said, "Okay, just a sec."

And that's when I felt the ladder jerk to the side. Then again. And again. Just like Belushi in 'Animal House'. I looked down and said, "What was that all about?" He said, "You can reach it now, right?"

Of course, this is the same man - trained electrician - who showed me how to wire outlets and switches and said, "Always make sure you turn the power off before you do this, not like I'm doing it."

True story - when I was about 14, some siding had come loose on the side of the house, about 15-20 feet up. My dad asked me to help, pointed out where the loose parts were, and told me how to nail them down. He put up the extension ladder and held it for me. I nailed a couple down, and went for the last one but it was a bit too far to reach. So I yelled down that we'd have to move the ladder a bit and I was coming down. My dad - the guy looking out for my safety - said, "Okay, just a sec."

And that's when I felt the ladder jerk to the side. Then again. And again. Just like Belushi in 'Animal House'. I looked down and said, "What was that all about?" He said, "You can reach it now, right?"

Of course, this is the same man - trained electrician - who showed me how to wire outlets and switches and said, "Always make sure you turn the power off before you do this, not like I'm doing it."
It’s the copper that makes us electricians unstable.

Back