Most Underappreciated Vocalist

I can't think of the guys name but the fella that sings in Ra. Love that guys vocals.

Jimmy Cliff
Glenn Hughes

Also, speaking of Glenn Frey, if anybody hasn't checked out "The History of the Eagles" on Netflix, I definitely recommend checking it out....really good stuff in there.

Last edited:
Mariah Carey

I actually snorted when I read that.

Glenn Frey really was great. I can't fathom the Eagles without him. Great as Vince Gill is, I have zero interest in hearing him fill that role.

Another great singer is Robben Ford. His album Supernatural is particularly great in that aspect.

Back in the mid-90's a band called Super8 put out their one and only CD. I love this record. The lead singer is a guy named Bob Khaleel (aka Bronx Style Bob). The whole album is darn good. His vocals on that record are really, really good; emotive, rough and smooth when needed, range. The band never really got their due.

I was also a big Smithereens fan back in the 80's. While Pat Dinizio (who just recently passed) didn't have great range, I really like his phrasing. He used to use a lot of quarter note triplets in his vocal melodies that I thought were pretty cool.

ETA..... Wow, somebody posted the Super8 album on youtube.....

I can only think of terrible vocalists. Under-appreciated vocalists I can think of are people no one would know.

Back