Most Underappreciated Vocalist

I forgot to mention Bonnie Raitt. She is beyond awesome.

And James Brown. Linda Ronstadt was amazing.
No lie, I love that cover of “Guilty” Bonnie Raitt did back in the day. That song reminds me of another criminally underrated vocalist, Dan McCafferty of Nazareth. Maybe we should do a sub thread of best Randy Newman covers...

No lie, I love that cover of “Guilty” Bonnie Raitt did back in the day. That song reminds me of another criminally underrated vocalist, Dan McCafferty of Nazareth. Maybe we should do a sub thread of best Randy Newman covers...
For some reason I read “misery” instead of guilty and started humming this

Such a great collaboration, not bad for a wee waltz!:D

An under-rated duo

I actually snorted when I read that.

Glenn Frey really was great. I can't fathom the Eagles without him. Great as Vince Gill is, I have zero interest in hearing him fill that role.

Another great singer is Robben Ford. His album Supernatural is particularly great in that aspect.

Yeah, I agree. Vince would absolutely not fit in with The Eagles.
There is a video of him doing Peaceful Easy Feeling, and honestly, it just doesn't work.

I can only think of terrible vocalists. Under-appreciated vocalists I can think of are people no one would know.

Dude ... do you always have to be so bitter and negative?
It's just a fun, little post ... geez.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Last edited:
I’m also surprised by great singers that aren’t even lead vocalists in their bands. Deen Castronova (Journey), Richie Kotzen (Mr. Big), and Todd Kerns (Slash) come to mind.

Last edited:
Dude ... do you always have to be so bitter and negative?
It's just a fun, little post ... geez.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Huh? I don’t think I meant what you think I meant. I just meant that for some reason my mind was only coming up with the opposite to what you wanted, meaning over-rated vocalists. At that moment the only underappreciated vocalists I could think of were ones that probably others on here hadn’t known about. And I linked someone who I like a lot but who isn’t well known.

But sorry if I’m always bitter. I hope that’s not my reputation on here. That would kind of suck.

Edit: the artist I linked has a super unique voice but I think it’s pretty cool.

Last edited:
Huh? I don’t think I meant what you think I meant. I just meant that for some reason my mind was only coming up with the opposite to what you wanted, meaning over-rated vocalists. At that moment the only underappreciated vocalists I could think of were ones that probably others on here hadn’t known about. And I linked someone who I like a lot but who isn’t well known.

But sorry if I’m always bitter. I hope that’s not my reputation on here. That would kind of suck.

Edit: the artist I linked has a super unique voice but I think it’s pretty cool.

You're goo, bro!

I’m also surprised by great singers that aren’t even lead vocalists in their bands. Deen Castronova (Journey), Richie Kotzen (Mr. Big), and Todd Kerns (Slash) come to mind.

Richie Kotzen has an amazing voice. He sings on his solo stuff and with Winery Dogs.

The late Ray Gillen, along with one of my faves Jake E Lee in the criminally underappreciated band Badlands:

Back