Most is your most played PRS model ?

What Core PRS Model do you play the most ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
I've only list the core models ( i.e not SE or S2) due to space .. sales #'s are one thing .. but which one gets the most play time?
Is that Home or Stage?

Last edited:
i have three original CE22's but what I play are my customized SE Bernie Marsdens

Especially this one.
The single sounds are spectacular and I copied PRS's 1.1K and 2,2K resistor method for splitting the coils.

But they're great humbuckers too and I was just sitting in front of the HDRX 20 and getting endless Santana-style sustain from the modified JB bridge pickup, so this ax seems to have it all covered.

I've only had it up and running one day...but so far it's perfect.

Love it when a plan comes together!

Last edited:
For years it was my '95 Custom22.

Since 2014 it's been a P22, bought for the sole purpose of leaving a bulky acoustic off the stage and out of my vehicle.
Love my '95 CE22. Love CE22's period!

Do these qualify as being CORE models? Don't think the term existed when these were built.

If so, I only own three CORE models, all old CE22's.

My other eight PRS guitars are customized SE's.

My CE22's are a '95, '97 and a '00. Love the Dragon 1's in the '95 and '97. The pickups were already gone when I bought the '00 so I put Bare Knuckle Abraxas in it.

Of the three CE22's the '00 gets played the most. It's heavier but somehow more resonant.

Last edited:
Do you have a wiring diagram you can post? Does a particular PRS use that method?
35th anniversary does, Robben Ford Signature and Paul's Guitar, too. What controls configuration do you need it for?

Cap adds a small amount of capacitance from the hot signal to the ground when the pickup is in split mode. It takes down a notch of top-end

Total flip of the coin. Cu22, 24 and McC. I'll vote for the CU24
To clarify, because it is the only CU listed. Live mostly the CUs, since they are HB equiped and my McC has P90s. Although I love their sound, I steongky dislike the hum the moving lighting heads on stage in our church give me with p90s

35th anniversary does, Robben Ford Signature and Paul's Guitar, too. What controls configuration do you need it for?

Cap adds a small amount of capacitance from the hot signal to the ground when the pickup is in split mode. It takes down a notch of top-end
Oh I was just curious.

So less treble.

Sort of like turning down a tone control.

Love to see a diagram.

I'll do a search.

Back